Man Of Steel

Toups

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In honor of the casting of Lois Lane, Nikki Finke of deadline.com came forward with a letter from the original Lois Lane, Mrs Jerry Seigel. She was the widow of the creator of Superman and she recently died herself. She spent years in battle with Time/Warner trying to get the rights to Superman back where they belong.

more here

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/letter-from-lois-lane-to-time-warner-boss/

It's a disgrace this woman went to the grave fighting this horrible conglomerate who has made billions while her husband was near poverty before they were shamed into giving him a small five figure pension. Now under law she was allowed to have the copyright revert back to the estate, but T/W rightly surmised they could outlast her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This redesign is very ugly. I thought I read or heard somewhere that they were instead going back to the same suit worn in the Christopher Reeve movies (which I wish would happen), but obviously that information was wrong.

• Members

That was only in one timeline (I only know this because of my brother)--the DC reboot is for all titles, which seems a mistake, but superhero comics suffer the same problms as soaps. (Though I like that the new movies feature Gwen anyway who was really Spidey's truet love and a far more interesting romance)

As usual with oddly homoerotic/homophobic Snyder, he's wearing a muscle suit. The outfit wouldn't bother me if they at least had the current Superman red belt to breakup the outfit.

The last movie tried to do a hommage to that--this one is a complete reboot.

• Members

35053625.jpg

The redesign is to match what he is currently wearing in the books, apparently, which removed the underwear for a more modern look. Personally I like it. Outside underwear is just ridiculous. It works well in print and cartoons but on a live person, it comes across silly

Archived