Man Of Steel

Toups

Love Zack Snyder! Great choice by Christopher Nolan!

http://www.deadline....cting-superman/

By MIKE FLEMING | Monday October 4, 2010 @ 5:49pm EDT

UPDATE & EXCLUSIVE: I just spoke with Zack Snyder, who confirms that as soon as he completes post on Sucker Punch, he'll move right into Warner Bros' long awaited next Man of Steel movie in development with Chris Nolan and David Goyer. "I've been a big fan of the character for a long time, he's definitely the king of all superheroes, he's the one," Snyder, who directed Watchmen and 300, told me. "It's early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I've always felt he was kind of awesome. I'll finish Sucker Punch and get right at it."

Zack Snyder has been chosen to direct the new installment of Superman for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. Snyder was on a short list of directors that I recently revealed met with the studio as well as producers Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas. Other choices at the time included helmers Tony Scott, Matt Reeves, Jonathan Liebesman, and Duncan Jones. I think Snyder is an inspired choice. He is a cornerstone filmmaker for Warner Bros., a visual stylist whose efforts for the studio include 300, Watchmen, and the upcoming Sucker Punch. Deadline revealed back on February 9 that the DC Comics stalwart Superman became a priority project when Nolan agreed to godfather it. He and David S. Goyer hatched the story and Goyer wrote the script. The new Superman's producers also include Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder while co-financer Legendary Pictures' Thomas Tull will serve as executive producer. I'm sure there will be hot debate on Snyder as the choice, but judging from 300, you can be sure the Man of Steel will have an inspired six-pack.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Don't know who this guy is but hopefully he's good.

WARNER BROS. PICTURES AND LEGENDARY PICTURES

BURBANK, CA, January 30, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Henry Cavill has won the coveted role of Superman, the iconic superhero.

The film will be directed by Zack Snyder, who stated, “In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen. I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.”

Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

Cavill recently wrapped production on “The Cold Light of Day” and stars in the upcoming “Immortals,” opening this fall.

• Members
Don't know who this guy is but hopefully he's good.

You've never seen THE TUDORS??!!!!!! :lol:

He doesn't necessarily have the "Superman" look but he can act. This is what you call a BIG break lol Hopefully he's a great choice for the part.

• Members

I dunno, pics I've seen of him I can buy as Superman. People said the same thing about Brandon Routh, that he looked too young and whatnot. I was hoping Matthew Bomer would get it LOL, but I like this choice.

I love Anne Hathaway but please don't cast her or Natalie Portman as Lois. Erica Durance Lois is gonna be hard to top IMO

You've never seen THE TUDORS??!!!!!! :lol:

Nope. But I'll eventually watch it because I like British royalty.

I love Anne Hathaway but please don't cast her or Natalie Portman as Lois. Erica Durance Lois is gonna be hard to top IMO

Anne was just cast Catwoman so she's definitely not going to be Lois Lane. If I'm going for a name actress, my choice would be Rachel McAdams. I wouldn't mind someone who's not really known either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Great casting, I love Cavill, (would have been fine with their second choice, Joe Manganiello)--though I agree with the eternal grump Alan Moore (who wrote Watchmen and would have never allowed a movie but lost the rights)--Zack's fanboy tendencies unfortunately always have a somewhat silly whiff of homophobia to them--besides cutting the pro gay elements of Watchmen, there's the villain in 300 (which Zack said he played up as gay because he thought nothing would be scarier to a heroic buff man than a killer who might also want to [[email protected]#$%^&*] him lol--hilarious in a movie that relishes the homoerotic)...

The only irony is in the recent EW article they go on about how they wanted a much more mature and older looking Superman this time around. Henry, IMHO isn't that (even if he doesn't look as boyish as Routh did) and isn't he 26 or so?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived