Man Of Steel

Toups

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Don't know who this guy is but hopefully he's good.

WARNER BROS. PICTURES AND LEGENDARY PICTURES

BURBANK, CA, January 30, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Henry Cavill has won the coveted role of Superman, the iconic superhero.

The film will be directed by Zack Snyder, who stated, “In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen. I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.”

Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

Cavill recently wrapped production on “The Cold Light of Day” and stars in the upcoming “Immortals,” opening this fall.

• Members

I dunno, pics I've seen of him I can buy as Superman. People said the same thing about Brandon Routh, that he looked too young and whatnot. I was hoping Matthew Bomer would get it LOL, but I like this choice.

I love Anne Hathaway but please don't cast her or Natalie Portman as Lois. Erica Durance Lois is gonna be hard to top IMO

• Administrator

Nope. But I'll eventually watch it because I like British royalty.

Anne was just cast Catwoman so she's definitely not going to be Lois Lane. If I'm going for a name actress, my choice would be Rachel McAdams. I wouldn't mind someone who's not really known either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Great casting, I love Cavill, (would have been fine with their second choice, Joe Manganiello)--though I agree with the eternal grump Alan Moore (who wrote Watchmen and would have never allowed a movie but lost the rights)--Zack's fanboy tendencies unfortunately always have a somewhat silly whiff of homophobia to them--besides cutting the pro gay elements of Watchmen, there's the villain in 300 (which Zack said he played up as gay because he thought nothing would be scarier to a heroic buff man than a killer who might also want to [!@#$%^&*] him lol--hilarious in a movie that relishes the homoerotic)...

The only irony is in the recent EW article they go on about how they wanted a much more mature and older looking Superman this time around. Henry, IMHO isn't that (even if he doesn't look as boyish as Routh did) and isn't he 26 or so?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived