DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Ha! So much for "writing for sets." Next time, plan your dramatic revelations at a place more private... like the Salem Pier or a coffee shop. You know, cuz nobody ever goes there....

You want a scene where someone gets hit by a car? Be careful what you ask for! DAYS is resembling GL during their Main Street/Beacon Hotel days. I recall a moment where Reva got "hit" by Olivia's car while standing on Main Street! And the car didn't even move! She was literally hit by a parked car that Olivia was "driving" at the time.

Leaving that kind of action for our imaginations to conjure up is probably the best way to do it during these budget-tightened times.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, not buying Rafe's sad brother act. After how he's been treating Arianna these past few episodes, totally dissing and turning against her all for Sami, nope I'm not buying it. I hope this eats him alive. And GG was horrible with the hospital scenes. Huffing and puffing and trying to force tears out of his eyes trying to act all devastatingly sad. Yeah he looked sad alright. But not the kind of sad someone feels for someone else, the sad that I feel looking at him cause it feels so sad to watch him try to "act" his arse off.

I kept waiting for Chandler Massey (Will) to clear his throat out today!! When Will was explaining to Sami what happened, his voice was sounding all weird and raspy... it was weird. He doesn't usually sound like that.

Was loving Kayla at first, but now I just want her to go back to wherever she was before with Steve. Not interested in seeing her linger around Salem, hiding in shrubs and whatnot, & busting into peoples business!

• Members

Rafe is just a horrible person. He claims to want to take down bad guys, but oh his girlfriend can try to kill someone and its all good. Then gets mad at his sister for trying to do the right thing. WHAT A BITCH! I hate him.

EJ and Ari are just so cute together, I wish they could have gotten something together. LH is clearly a better actress and Ari a better character when they have her in bitch mode.

I think Chandler's voice sounded like that because he was trying to sound upset.

Kayla is being wasted, she was only brought back to be Stephanie's sounding board.

• Members

Thank you for posting DC Cubs!!

lol @ Alison Sweeney. What the heck was she trying to do with her face during the cast shot??

"Forever in out hearts" I hate that. people like Rafe, Gabi, Melanie....uhm no, they will not forever be in my heart, sorry!!

love him, but I think he should practice more on that. lol

• Members

Days was pretty good this last week or so. I have to disagree with the recent comment that Louise Sorel is no good. I think it speaks to her talent that while her character is the monster, it is she I always feel sorry for.

Anyway, I am glad that Brady seems to be returning to his Dudley Do-Right mode. Not every character needs to be an anti-hero with shades of gray, and Brady Black is supposed to be right as rain. It's because of characters like true blue Brady that the Nicoles and Victors have something to contrast with.

• Members

Brady was never "Dudley do-right" though, he always had an edge to him. His love for Chloe brought him focus and there was a purity about Broe that neither character had before or since, but Brady as first seen was quite a little prick. He'll never be a bad guy - and this burying alive bit was a moment out of character - but to say he's always been "good" isn't accurate either. Besides, those living in the grey are much more interesting.

• Members

Ciara: "How can you know whats wrong? You're not me?"

daysciara.jpg

"Please dont make me go to school daddy. I promise to go tomorrow but only if...." She had me laughing with this line especially how she put her head down and the whole delivery. She's so bad yet so adorable. I hope Days doesnt SORAS or replace her. She got even funnier when she visited Hope in jail and said this when Hope told her she didnt have a best friend in prison:

"Oh no! Do you have a bully too?" LOL...oh Ciara

Vivian: "Dont ask Henderosn for help. He has no upper body strength" LMAO. Im glad Victor knows and I was laughing at him just leaving her there as well.

I liked the fight between Ariana and Sami. Too bad Sami didnt beat her down. LMAO at Kayla walking in on them and not knowing what the heck was going on. Good for Ari getting hit by a car. Sit your ass down. Thats a phrase I always say and bitch should have done just that and maybe she wouldnt be in the hospital. I hate how smug and self righteous she is. LOL at you guys saying Days is too cheap to show her getting by a car. I was hoping for a visual of her making contact with a windshield but we get some lame offscreen hit

I couldnt stand that holier than thou nun. She really got on my nerves with the attitude she was giving Carly. How judgemental of her.

I missed it but how did they figure out EJ was faking his memory loss? Im surprised that was wrapped up as fast as it was.

It was nice to see Stephanie and Melanie civil for once. Steph was nice enough to agree not to tell anyone that Chloe cheated. Too bad she failed to tell Melanie, she already told a couple of people.

Ethan being mean to Chad....felt contrived to get them as feuding brothers

• Members

I forgot about her ass. How could she go and tell Daniel anyway? Not only is not her business, but isnt there doctor/patient confidentiality? She doesnt even work at the same hospital as him, all she needed to do was keep her mouth shut and move on.

LOL at Ethan.

And this story is moving at snail's pace, when the hell will we get some movement. Chad has been on like once this month, hell I forgot that Chad was Stefano's son.

I still want Chill. :(

• Members

These days I sometimes I doze off on DAYS, so I could be wrong but I don't think anyone actually found out. I think Sami just didn't want to act like she was still married to EJ anymore so she went in his hospital room and told him everything, cause she thought he still had memory loss and didn't know. Rafe & Roman were behind her smirking and cheering her along as well. EJ was acting like he didn't already know lol. And I think that was also when they gave him the court order to stay away from the kids.

LOL!!

• Members

Ok, I have to retract my statement because when I started watching Days it was Brady and ChloeL A Love Story. Kyle Lowder's Brady was a virtual saint.

Anyway, I think gray characters are interesting but if everyone is gray than gray loses its interest. This is why GH is such a depraved show. The heroes are all gray, forcing the villains to become extra evil to make the gray look good, then the gray people become maybe a little grayer, and then the villains are forced to become psychotic killers to keep up with the Joneses. There is no moral clarity that guides that world.

In contrast, if you have a Brady and Chloe, or a Jennifer or a Maggie, the world becomes morally defined that now a mere home wrecker or blackmailer can stand in contrast. If you don't have a Dudley Do-Right then the villains are the ones who suffer most because they have no world to thrive in.

• Members

Brady was an a-hole when he was first SORASED. These clips show the type of person he was back when Lowder took over the role. The current version of him kinda reminds me of the old Brady in some ways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpuW2p2ETD4&feature=related

LOL...I will always make this mistake. He keeps reminding me of his AMC character and it doesnt help that his name is EJ and I keep thinking the E stands for Ethan.

Archived