DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, they never mention what Lawrence did to Steve, but he's the one who made it seem like Steve was dead. He had something injected into Steve's IV. I'm not sure what it was, but the doctor who administered it on Lawrence's order told Lawrence on the phone that it would fell an elephant or something. Lawrence was very pleased.

Steve "died", but the audience knew he was alive because his coffin was switched right after the funeral. When he returned, it came out that Stefano had Steve. But Lawrence took him. Carly knew that. Everyone knew it. Lawrence was able to slither out of it, but it was a known fact in Salem at the time, if not one that could be proven.

Kayla and Carly were friends back in the day, but I doubt Kayla would understand why Carly would go off with Lawrence after everything he did.

I'm sure Kayla doesn't like what Carly's up to with Bo, and she's making that clear. She and Hope have been friends since they were kids, and Bo's having an open affair. He's installed Carly into the home he shared with Hope. Hope went kinda crazy.

If you're on the sidelines and this is your family, how come you're supposed to see things from Carly's POV, particularly when you haven't seen or heard from her in 15+ years? I don't think Kayla's attitude is all that unusual and I understand why she feels the way she does. I do think she ought to calm down more and listen to Bo. She always did in the past. But Bo was always one to make his opinion clear when it came to Steve, too. Heck, he did more than offer opinions. Now and then, he interfered.

It's different with Jennifer. She and Carly were best friends in school. She takes a middle of the road approach because she loves both Hope and Carly.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Weird, the one episode without the EJ/Sami/Rafe drama and no one comments...I personally loved this episode because it was all about the Kiriakis men outside of Brady which would've made it that much sweeter. I love that Victor has held onto his dislike of Chloe for all these years...Daniel is only tolerable when he's around his god-family IMO...Melanie has to stop screeching soon.

• Members

I agree! I love this episode, watching now! The EJ/Sami/Rafe stuff is boring now. I feel EJ should have killed himself or Sami and Rafe left town with the young kids, leaving Will in Roman's care or have him live with Bo. I am like most of the fans on here, Sami need to be apart others lives in Salem. Kayla said the other day she wasn't just in town for Stephanie, haven't to see Sami Gene. For some reason I like to see Sami in scenes with Maggie or part of that story some kind of way.

• Members

Sami/Rafe/EJ weren't on yesterday, and I think about 2-3 days in a row last week so I found them to not be so bad today....I find them to be a lot more watchable than crybaby Melanie & the rest of the repetitive gang. UGH! You so can tell that this is going to go NOWHERE. Melanie isn't going to say crap! She's going to bust in the wedding and there'll end up being some way she won't be able to reveal anything rolleyes.gif I just know it. I hate this story right now.

Kind of liked when Sami came to EJ's room and told him she wasn't married to him! Those were pretty good scenes....it's smirk lizard faced Rafe who just kills it all for me.

What is up with EJ's doctor?! I get weird vibes from him...

• Members

I agree with you there.. of course, I remember the actor from OLTL so that could be coloring my perception.

I totally loved the Hope scenes today. I was wondering the motivation for showing her in prison and I think one of the reason's is to restore Hope to her former self. Plus, I'm thinking there is some prison story brewing especially given how weird her prison mate Lee was acting. I only saw the new actress playing the warden for one day so I can't comment but when Stacy played the part, I got a feeling that the warden is not as nice as she appears. Maybe I'm off-based or maybe not.. can't wait to see what unfolds in that story.

Ironically, the Chloe/Daniel/Melanie story seems to be dragging with no clear resolution while some of the other stories have had some sort of movement in them (i.e. Brady/Arianna/Nicole, Vivian, Carly/Melanie/Daniel, and especially the Hope/NT Hope story). Whoever did the pacing last year needs to get their butt back because the pacing is all wrong right now LOL

• Members

I too got the vibe today that there was going to be a non-reveal from Melanie at the wedding.

I couldn't stand the hospital scenes A. Because I hate GG. B. Just watching Josh Taylor's ridiculously messed up surgery trying to be smug and C. Ontop of my hate of GG, I despise Rafe and seeing him be so smug was just irritating.

• Members

I am so over Sami and her golden cooch in general. I am pleased that EJ is out to toy with her but Safe are just that right now -- boring and safe. I do like the periphery charcaters around this story, though: Kate, Will, Stefano and especially Lexie who does so much with [!@#$%^&*] all material.

Hope in prison is awesome (and Ciara is turning into a little terror- bwah! Maybe Nighttime Hope gave birth to her) and I love having Mattson and Gallego playing off her.

Time to reveal Chloe and Philip's roll in the hay. I was over this secret the day after it happened. At least Melanie will finally have an excuse to have hot revenge sex with Nathan.

• Members

Im telling ya, Days is stupid. If they were smart they would have sami do a "I choose me and my kids" speach, mean it, and move on from all men in her life. Get a job, raise her kids, bond with her family, become friends with some people, and then after 6 months of repair work to her character as an individual go back to the romance. Meanwhile, Rafe could benifit hugely from being paired with someone like Adrianne who woul be curious about him (therefor we learn more) and EJ could also benefit from a nice, easy, romance (Sarah Horton, where are you?).

Rafe is a bore and GG isnt amazing, but i will take him over EJ anyday.

Guest dc cubs

^^ I don't think we will see a ghostly visit because John Clarke is retired. Suzanne Rogers seemed to hint in interviews that Clarke was asked to come back to film some scenes before Mickey died but Clarke declined. I'm also not sure what his health status is as he was noticeably absent from the Frances Reid private memorial held at the NBC studios. Suzanne said that he had a mild stroke in the last couple of years.

Archived