DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

I like Sami fine the way she is. She shouldnt still be a trouble maker. She's grown up and she's matured. She has 4 kids, 3 of which are under the age of 4! She cant be running around plotting and being the main villianess like she once was. We have Nicole for that. One of the reasons why I cant stand Carly on GH (whom I used to love) is that she never showed any growth and is still pulling the same childish stunts she did from back in the 90s. Im glad Sami isnt like that anymore. She still has an edge though and I dont see her as a Marlena type. She can be a b-tch and speaks her mind. My goodness she just shot EJ. Thats the type of thing she would have done in the past. She's still Sami at her core.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mmmm..... good points all. (I agree about Carly on GH too, she used to be fabulous but not anymore). I just don't like the whiney bit they have her doing now. The Sami I know and tolerate needs to have the upper hand and she just doesn't right now. Hand-wringing is not her best look.

• Members

I think alot has to do with the shift in how they are attacking her storylines. She's been in triangles since she began but for the most part she was always the aggressor, fighting another woman for a man. In recent years, its seen the shift in men now fighting for her. Yes she was in the middle of Austin and Brandon (whom I loved with her) before, she was still lying and manipulating both men. I think people arent used to seeing someone else take the aggressor role in her triangle and she being the one pursued. In a way I think thats why I like her and EJ, bc he is more her equal. He's taken on the role, which was once signature of her. One thing I will say is I dont like how she flips flops. One day she's about to get married to EJ and the next, she's engaged to Rafe. That was too much, way too soon

• Members

I totally forgot about Gabi and how she got re-casted, she debuted today. I like her, she's a lot better than the other Actress IMO. This time she looks more like Rafe to me, than Arianna.

Wow @ Vivian, Brady, and Nicole in the same bed together LOL! That was hilarious.

We need more Justin/Adrienne interaction

• Members

Yup.

The issue is the string of headwriters who never cared to build off what the other did or anything. Sami was at her best right before JER came back, he took her back 15 years and ruined her. When EJ came along she was starting to gorw again and still was the same sami, and then that went to hell when Hogan came nad made her, overnight, into a heroine role that never fit. Thats who did the most damage to her, Hogan. She was again slightly saved during the baby storyline because it gave her reason to be a heroine type, and her crying all the time made sense in the story and for the character both, for once. but then that dragged on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and as it did the writing got worse and worse.

Who is Sami Brady? Nobody can answer that. Honestly. I liked it for that brief moment where she was trying to move on with her life, was trying to find a job, be a mother, was close with Stephanie, actually growing and accepting life and moving on. But that sure didnt last.

The best thing they could do for her, and they will not because EJ needs her to survive on the show, is have her choose Rafe, be with him, raise her kids, be happy, find a little side job or something, and really work on building her character. Then months/a year down the line have Rafe killed off and have her battle through regressing to who she was and going back to ej again. OR send the tots off to boarding school, free up, and make her a bitch. The show was stupid for saddling her down with 4 kids, 3 of those being under 5.

• Members

when was Carly fabulous, 1997? That had to be the last time.

Sami sucks. She was fun under JER because AS I think has a good ability at playing mean and rotten. Her laughing, happy Sami always seems awkward but when she is screaming or ripping into someone with hate it is really good to watch. The types of stories she has had almost for three years now or maybe more is the stuff they could have given to Belle with just a change in the names. That is how alien Sami's new personality is these days. She used to be one of my reasons to watch DOOL, but ever since the night she sacrificed herself to EJ to save Lucas it is been one neverending slide into sainthood. The recent events don't even change that because she did it all for the beloved Sydney.

• Members

That's how I feel. I think Sami is the worst character on the show. She's been completely defanged. Making her a saint is the worst thing they could have ever done to her. I hate that she's been a perpetual victim for at least the last 7 years or so...so terrible.

• Members

I forget, why did Sami think Lexi had cancer and then deleted the cancer report so Lexi had no idea? It was such a crummy thing to do. Every time I see Lexie and Sami in a scene together I am always saying to myself "what? Don't you remember when she was willing to let you die???"

Same thing for Nicole and Brady/Chloe actually.

• Members

I really like Molly Burnett but she just hasn't been cutting it for me lately with her performances. Mark Hapka wasn't to hot today, either :-\, Shelley Hennig is definitely the best out of these three. I'm glad Melanie found out about Chloe cheating on Daniel, though! LOL she is going to raise some hell, especially when she finds out Chloe cheated with Philip.

Liked all the Hope prison stuff today. I miss Stacy Haiduk already as the prison warden, but this new Actress is ok. Robin Mattson's character is kinda blah, but it's nice to see her again.

I don't like Kayla blaming the ruination of Bo/Hope's marriage all on him and Carly. It's on Hope, to. Her and Bo were having problems even before Carly & him started sparking up again, and Hope pretty much left him and took Ciara away and gave up on the marriage altogether. I used to blame him to but really, Hope is the main one to blame if you think about it. I'm rooting for them to reunite and get back together in the end, though.

• Members

You know when I hear about how Sami should mature and etc. etc. I just think about how other characters, on other soaps have schemed and regressed for years, and while learning some lessons along the way, they've still maintained their edge 30 or 50 years later on. For example, Lisa Grimaldi on ATWT, still wasn't a complete saint on that show even when it went off the air. She still had some sort of a edge to her. Years of scheming and manipulating still hasn't changed some of the women on Y&R like Jill Foster and Diane Jenkins. I'm not asking for Sami remain 100% of that spoiled brat she was in the early to mid 90s, but I'm not asking for a personality transplant either. All this whining and weeping is not Sami, she's had her moments, but most of all she was a fighter, I don't see that today.

Archived