DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

It's so perfect that Kate of all people found out the truth. I love the dialogue on Days. "I'll join a church, a synogogue, a mosque...Mel Gibson's church!" ... that reminds me when Gus told Vivian he can't be bribed with a high colonic. :lol:

Kate is such a great character. You can just stick her into any story and she will fit right in, be it Sami and EJ, Chloe and Daniel, Vivian and Brady, Chad...Kate will find a secret or cause trouble somehow. Love her. I am assuming Vivian will rise on Halloween, that seems to make dramatic sense. Probably teens partying at a spooky crypt will unleash her or something like that.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Mel Gibson church line was funny! I also liked when Vivian said "What has she done to her hair?" LMAO, I said the same when I saw Kate a few weeks ago

Speaking of hair, I hate EJ's haircut. Coudlnt they have done the typical unrealistic brain surgery where doctors dont shave the head. He looks so unattractive now without his hair and it needs to grow fast

Will Maggie really care about what they all did once she finds out. I can see her being disapointed but once she realizes that Vivian planned to torture and watch her rot and die, I think she will throw all judgement out the window. At least she should.

I loved Sami's scene with Brady. I wondered what their relationship was like bc they are step siblings but never interact. He is like a brother to her and considering Eric has been MIA for a decade, its kinda nice to see Sami have that type of relationship again. I really wish they'd do more with them.

• Members

^^ That's my take on Maggie too. It seems they are painting her as a 2D person of goodness and light without giving her the credit of understanding human depravity and motivation. She's done some not-so-stellar things in the past as well and she's not about to let Victor or Brady keep her on that pedestal. She will be disappointed, but the fact that Vivi was going to do this to her and worse will temper a lot of Maggie's attitude on the manner, I'm predicting.

Sami and Brady have an interesting relationship. Over the years they've had little moments like yesterdays', but they've been all too few. Putting her head on his shoulder was the sweetest thing to come out of yesterday and I actually liked her - which is not something I've been able to say about Sami for awhile.

• Members

I always loved the rare Brady and Sami scenes back when Lowder was in the role, so it was exciting to get one yesterday..I didn't realize the two had grown to care about one another though..Hopefully this leads to Sami having an ally within the family.

• Members

I love Kate! She was amazing and looked amazing on yesterday's episode! She plays well with everyone she intereact with. I love the Kate and Nicole interaction, Kate and Vivian, etc. I would love to see more of Kate's past with a sister played by Anna Stuart or Colleen zenk-Pinter. I can see them all have chemistry.

• Members

Will maggie care? YES! She has to care. Of course she will be angry/upset that they have done this to someone, regardless why. However, will it break any chance, no....

Of course maggie isnt this 1 sided goody good person, but shes also not evil, cold, calculating. Shes not the type of person who is down for torturing someone else. That said, again, it doesnt mean it will end anything going on. It just means there will need to be a discussion. She can see all sides of everyone and everything.

Kate, wow. This is the best she has ever been used. Ever.

• Members

Maggie has already been putting words to the fact that whatever Victor is doing is really breaking him in two. I agree she's going to be disappointed and probably not think anything like this should happen in her name, but she sees that "complicated" part of Victor vey clearly and she's not nearly as black/white in her thinking as some of the others fear.

This arc has been fun and all - and LS has really done a banner job - but I'm looking forward to what happens after this is over and how the relationships between all those involved will change. In the meantime, we are getting some really fun moments. I imagine there was a lot of laughter on the Days set while taping this.

• Members

This was a great week!

I really loved the way they played Arianna's death and the fallout. They hit all the necessary beats -- getting Brady in there, having it affect Melanie, letting word spread through town -- without trying too much to make us care about the death of a character that never fully worked. (Sorry, I will never buy Lindsay Hartley as some hood chola who was selling crack and cutting hos.) There was more fallout from this death than when, like, Roman died in 2004 and everyone cried for two minutes and then started screeching about getting REVENGE!!! on the killer and acting stupid and taking their shirts off.

Didn't see Kate getting involved in the Vivian thing, but it's a nice twist. And the banter between those two was terrific. I loved Viv snarking on Kate's hair. ;)

• Members

I don't get the whole Mrs. Brady switching the paternity results reveal. It doesn't make any sense to me. What I would have done was instead of the results being switched, I would have had Kayla's theory be correct but no one knowing. Then the one night stand between Chloe/Philip would have come out, and everyone would have assumed Philip was the father of the baby. after all the dust settled, then it would have come out that Daniel was the father and that it was a mixup (i remember on one show how a ditzy nurse always mixed up patients, forms, etc). Would have given this long, drawn-out plot an interesting twist.

• Members

Wow Crystal Chappel was excellent today. Loved her scenes with Melanie....I felt Carly in that moment!! Molly Burnett was ok it's just when she starts crying... Man oh man...

Nathan proposing to Stephanie! rolleyes.gif Oh wow. Horrible! These two do not belong together. Nathan loves MEL! Mel loves NATE!

Loved the Nicole/Sydney scenes, and I really like Kinsey....I just think she's hilarious for some reason lol.

No idea who the mystery man with the camera could be.

• Members

I was seriously jazzed by emotional Carly on Friday. So often she's the understanding shadow but crying with Melanie than wanting to shove it up Kayla's ass was wonderful. As always my feeling is that Carly deserves so much better than Bo. Can we find someone worthy of her fire and history, please???

Nicole is quickly becoming a new love of mine, and I never thought that would happen. She's even making Chloe tolerable and I was a serious Broe/ChloeFF back in the day. I'm hoping they do find a way to make Sydney her daughter again... there's just so much there.

• Members

I really loved Carly as well and wish she'd have shown Melanie and Kayla more of her wrath. I loved her going off on them and they both need to STFU

I really cant stand Caroline. When she was going ballistic on Nicole, I thought she needed to shut up and sit her ass down especially after the spoiler that was just revealed about her. I hope people throw it in her face when she gets all judgemental. I also hope Kayla feels incredibly stupid for how she was hating on Carly

Archived