Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This may be the first time I've read of anyone praising Van Hansis' acting. Straight or gay, I doubt Lily's child would have been interesting (a problem that plagued many soap children of iconic characters---all of Reva's children were dull as dishwater)...and no doubt the vanilla writing played a part, but to me, Hansis lacked depth. (and I thought a lot of Luke stories were about his victimhood. He was kidnapped by those weird twins to impregnate the girl with the Grimaldi heir, or whatever; Noah's father was going to kill him; Lucinda's closeted husband; Damian trying to send him to a "therapy camp" ) Granted, he ultimately wasn't raped like AMC's Bianca, but I suspect it was more because soaps don't deal with male rape, period, and giving Luke a child to raise would have been even more offensive to some viewers than him being gay.

• Members

Your post was perfectly understandable as it was. And truth be told I initially thought that punctuation was a choice for emphasis so I didn't realize English wasn't your first language.
Ignore whatever that unnecessary response was. Your post was fine

Please register in order to view this content

Being victimized is a frequent trope of LGBT characters on soaps but it made sense of the son of *Lily* to have inherited the dude-in-distress genes.
That said, while Van Hansis was never a mind-blowing actor or even charimastic the way Chandler Massey is, I thought he was solid and I never had any issue with his acting.
Considering some of the planks of wood he has to act with, that's high praise.

Edited by FrenchBug82