Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That was an enjoyable reunion conversation. I still wish there were some clips inserted because the actors have done a lot of work and don't always remember specific story details and having an audio visual aid could be very helpful, but yeah, Reed and Swan actually had time to talk in this one, which was appreciated.

I do think Alan needs to really make a concerted effort to get Tamara Tunie or Peter Parros or even Count Stovall on a reunion livestream.

• Members

It's almost always better when it's just one or two actors and Alan. Four or five doesn't work.

I didn't even expect some of the actors he got so I'm sure he'll get to just about everyone. It probably takes some time to get some people and set it all up.

I'm still waiting for Eileen Fulton, however I wonder if he's avoiding her on purpose ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I am not sure I knew Michael and Maggie were together in real life while they were on the show. Also, having seen him in old clips only, it was a bit weird to hear Michael without the Scottish accent.

I meant to ask last week... Scott and Ellen mentioned hearing Lauryn Hill (Kira) sing during a wedding (onscreen). Does anyone know what wedding that was? Based on the time she was on, I'm wondering if it may have been Duncan & Jessica's?

• Members

It was, yes. 

I'd forgotten Michael and Margaret were together for part of that period. A lot of ATWT couplings in those years...

I've never been able to get past hearing Michael without the accent. I've sometimes wondered if that's why his other soap roles didn't work out. 

• Members

This was the best one I've seen. Nobody talking over each other, few technical glitches, fewer dumb questions, only two interviewees and both interviewees seemed into it. The Ellen Dolan/Scott Holmes should have been good but it didn't seem like either one of them wanted to be there. Maybe it's a personality thing. Michael and Margaret both have fun personalities. 

• Members

I'm in March of '86 atm on YT - classic soaps from Y&R and Loving to this are such a cozy watch right now. The Steve/Betsy rift is really heightening, and I don't remember it being pronounced in earlier episodes, more of a gradual thing as she was ill at ease about the house, etc. Fascinating watching Marland dismantle a supercouple which already seemed out of fashion to me. Does anyone know if he'd had serious intentions for Steve and Iva, or if he soured on Runyeon from the jump? Had the Andropouloses been backburnered for long?

Also: Lisa Brown had chemistry with Scott Bryce. It's too bad if that relationship didn't get more play.

• Members

I could be wrong, but I think that Nick and Frank were both gone by the time Marland came on board (I don't remember any other Andropolouses) and he probably would have gotten rid of Steve right away but had to phase him out slowly because he had been such a fan favorite. You could tell Marland didn't like the character because he really assassinated the character. Steve really didn't seem to fit in with the new Marland ATWT. I think his character got the shaft and I always felt sorry for him. I liked the character but it's interesting that nobody seemed to care that he was so unceremoniously written out of the story when he and Betsy were the stars of the show just a few years before that. 

Edited by BillBauer

• Members

Apparently for the fans of the show Betsy was the bigger draw (Meg’s version).

Marland was smart as hell- even though he clearly didn’t care for Steve, he disguised getting rid of one popular character by loading the show up with stories featuring vets that people loved in exciting stories (Bob and Kim, Barbara, Tom and Margo), and filling up the show with other newbies that people seem to have responded to (Snyders), so it didn’t seem like such a loss.

Compare that to DAYS- the whole show revolved around Sami and EJ so there was no momentum when they left without vet heavy, good stories to ease the loss.  Same when ED came back as Kristen a few years ago.

• Members

This one was better. Margaret and Michael got to do work outside of ATWT. Maybe @BetterForgotten was right and Ellen is bitter. Scott seems still upset with the way ATWT ended. 

Not surprised Margaret and HBS were great friends....and that she and Colleen became better friends after the show. Lawd sounds familiar...lol. 

Interesting how Melanie Smith turned down a lot of primetime stuff. I hope Alan can get an interview with her.

And glad they talked about Sara Bosford(Lilieth).

• Members

Marland dropped Frank and Maggie almost immediately (breaking his own rules)

I think Frank Runyeon had signed a 1 yr contract to continue as Steve and P&G were clamping down on this, so I think Marland was pretty sure that Runyeon would be gone when the year was up and wrote towards this.

• Members

YES !  Wish Locher would realize that smaller groups tend to be smoother.  But to his credit, the GL Cooper reunion was a good one -- all the actors were thrilled to be reunited and their enthusiasm came through.

I think this is why the Scott Holmes + Ellen Dolan reunion failed.  Ellen just didn't want to be participate and she did not try to hide it.  Scott would have been better paired w/ Don Hastings or Hillary B. Smith.  He would have had more fun w/ either of them.  In the reunion, Scott spoke quite movingly about his bond w/ DH.  

Edited by gimmetoo