As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

He could at least have played that with some conviction. 

There was a lot of backstage turmoil after Marland's death. Everything seemed to bottom out in 95-96. They hung on to horrible actors (ugh...that friend of Sarah Kasnoff), they let popular actors go, there was a writer carousel that seemed to go in different directions the minute they took over. Other than Ben and Carly, I don't think any new characters lasted. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

Interesting that the CBS promos in the 70s had daily previews instead of one for the whole week. I do recall back in the 80s that they sometimes did have 2 different promos for the week.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It's almost as if he flubbed the line, like you expect the director to yell "Cut!" and everyone around to burst into laughter.

And all that was missing from her reaction was her saying, "WTF?"

• Members

That cracked me up..poor hottie Melinda...."Dee?" and viewers were supposed to think this was sexy?  To add injury to insult...Melinda dies coming on to Brad on a  boat, as she is drunk and jumps overboard!

• Members

I will never understand the reason for killing Melinda off, even if Arianne Munker wanted to leave. Such a waste. They should have brought her back years later to cause trouble - maybe be a bad influence on Chris.

• Members

There are few more devoted and passionate soap alumni than Julianne, other than Sarah Michelle Gellar, maybe Kelly Ripa, a few others that don't come immediately to mind. (Alec Baldwin, I believe, has always been there for his soaps both daytime and primetime and has stayed close with Kim Zimmer.) I've always loved how Julianne never fails to bring it up and advocate for it at any major industry showcase. Guy Pearce reminded me of this recently, as he's frankly gone above and beyond for Neighbours in Australia and is still recurring on the show.