Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

With this dropping today, I was reminded of her and Andy's love story..which was realistic from the start to its conclusion.

She liked him, he didn't look at her like that.  Both ended up dating people not into them (he with Julie and she with Evan)..and eventually they became a couple and married.

They were a young couple in school with personal demons..with money being a big obstacle for them.  Plus Andy being more focused on his career instead of their marriage.

And I remember the final straw was when she was injured in an explosion after she confronted the one guy (Hans.. I think).. and Andy was more focused on getting photos of the tragedy than caring that it was her.  

A realistic end that wasn't due to an affair, psycho of the week, etc.

• Members

I was looking for the video of the plaster falling on Courtney face. I remember it being on YouTube but its seems to have disappeared. All of the Hans episodes are missing.

This episode is the day after the plaster fell on Courtney.

• Members

Is this the storyline what took place partially in England?  And if I recall, Penny Hughes was prominent for a short while, since Andy and Courtney visited her. I always felt this was probably written or at least conceived as one of Doug Marland's last contributions to ATWT, especially since he seemed to love to bring Penny back as often as he could do so.  Penny seemed like she was going to be fairly significant to Andy and Courtney's storyline, then she just sort of stopped appearing.  So I've also assumed this was the point that Marland's material finally ran out, and other writers finished the plot.  Sans Penny.  Just my possibly faulty recollections and speculations.  LOL.  

• Members

I am loving these clips.  Such a great time for the show

This was their 30th anniversary celebration. Y and R just celebrated their 50th (congratulations great job still going strong) and GH is 60. ATWT and EON would have been 67 tomorrow and in 3 years70. Just think if they were nurtured correctly they could still be around to celebrate 

• Members

That 1994 episode moved nicely. It doesn't seem like the strongest time for the show, but I found it entertaining. The story with Courtney's accident was interesting. I'm assuming that Sean Baxter returned for this. Is that Mark Lewis? And Courtney getting a visit from Bianca was interesting. The writing for Andy was a bit heavy. Could he be any more dense in the name of making the character ambitious? I also was surprised by how much physically Hayley Barr reminds me of Cari Shayne (Karen Wexler, GH). 

I didn't realize that the show had given Alexandra Neil that much to do as Dawn Wheeler. I found her story compelling. I am assuming she and Malcolm didn't have a happy ending since I believe this is before Dawn developed deep feelings for Tom. The fact that the character had her own set was very surprising to me. 

Colleen Zenk Pinter did so much with so little. 

I did like all the action shifting from the hospital to Mona Lisa and back. I also was amazed at just how many characters the show included in the episode. I think this was the norm for the show though wasn't it? The crowd that gathered at the hospital was large enough to carry the episode by itself. 

• Members

I started watching the beginning but haven't completed it. Great to hear Melanie appeared!!

The writers at the time were still using Marland bible. The show still ranked #4 at the time. 

That is Mark Lewis ex Kurt from GL. I preferred him as Sean over Burke Moses. 

That's soap script writer Michael Conforti playing Malcolm.

That's a recast Bianca. I believe the original Bianca was unavailable at the time.

Yes the show was still flowing on most cylinders until Marland bible ran out.