Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Awful. The P&G hits keep coming. I always remember her as the little girl, rather than all her tragedies later on (and the ATWT role she seemed out of it during). I hope it was fast and painless.

Not sure why they called her ATWT role recurring.

• Members

I noticed the "recurring" word as well.  She was actually the young "star" of the show at the time.  ATWT's answer to GH's Laura.  I'm guessing that the writer(s) of the obits are young, have limited knowledge of soaps in general, and during their cursory research found some website that used the word "recurring".  And many of these articles lift/borrow/steal entire paragraphs from other articles, so the word "recurring" is being used in many of them.  Journalism is truly dying.

• Members

Actually, they brought her on as an Erica Kane clone...and she was kind of fun being bitchy to Suzanne Davidson's Betsy..but they were fighting over boring Eric and Davidson's Betsy seemed way too young to take abuse from a vixen. In the beginning she was going to be a young Lyla (she was a bit of a good time girl in her youth) and older Lyla was worried about her going so far as to make her wear a "slip" to the masked ball, which Cricket took off and Lisa gossiped about Cricket's dancing and it got Lyla pissed.  After a bit Loring's lack off..."skill" put her on the back burner and she got less bitchy as Margo took over the misguided girl work. I remember Bunim keeping her around as she just loved "all that hair" 

RIP for Loring.

• Members

Gosh watching the clip above brings back such good memories of ATWT.  Out of all the characters that were re-cast over the years, really ATWT did very well with Tom and Margo.  I loved Justin Deas and Margaret Colin as Tom and Margo.  And I loved others as well (well, one exception, Glynis O'Connor - think I got that correct - terrible recast).  But otherwise, the Margos and Toms were pretty good.  Loved Ellen Dolan and Scott Holmes, and loved of course Hilary Smith and Greg Marx.  This clip brought back great memories - I started watching ATWT around this time, fighting for the TV with my sister who watched One Life to Live.

• Members

I've seen several clips of Deas and Hastings, and they are great!  It seemed that working with Deas allowed Don Hastings to display his natural sense of humor -- something Hastings seldom got to do playing Bob.  I would say, Hastings was likely even funnier than Deas, so they were good acting partners.

I don't remember seeing any scenes with Deas and Eileen Fulton.   But I'm sure they were interesting.  

Edited by Neil Johnson