As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

The producers of Neighbours have worked very hard on finale returns. Many, many legends, stars, fan favorites from the last 35 years have agreed to return. Those who could not be there in person due to careers, like Margot Robbie, are going to film clips. 

I can't help comparing to the choice to heavily downplay returns in ATWT's last years, for the sake of mediocre to poor storylines and  pet characters. 

I'll never forgive Chris Goutman for the shabby sendoff given to a household soap for generations, a crown jewel. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

THIS! 

I was so disappointed we didn't get any returns from Andy, Grant, Lien, etc., I wouldn't have minded a return from an eighteen-year-old Hope Dixon who we find out will be attending Oakdale University and will be staying Bob & Kim who decides to follow in both of her grandfather John footsteps to become a doctor. 

• Members

tbh everything rare should be moved to private drives like the Y&R/B&B stuff. YT is great but is too prone to bad actors/trolls targeting stuff, like I believe they do when monitoring soap sites like this one.

• Members

A lot of collectors will not share their stash for free. They guard it vigorously and only agree to send out copies to other collectors who have something rare which they, themselves, want. Or they are interested in making money, and turn selling episodes to fans into a business.

To each his own, of course, and if folks want to pay for copies of vintage eps, that's their perogative.

It's been my experience, however, that if you are patient enough to wait, the material that sellers are asking money for will eventually end up being distributed for free by other fans whose main priority is to share the love.

• Members

The clip above got me thinking...

It is odd that Margo was not more of a part of any stories about James's resurrections and lost children over the years.  Writers always tied James stories to Barbara, but Margo was a key figure in his lore.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Marland chose not to revisit Stenbeck's rivalry with John Dixon either.  I think Marland always planned to use Stenbeck sparingly (3 to 6 months at a time). He was an over-the-top villain that no longer fit the canvas.  Too much of a good thing. I'm glad that Marland believed him to have died in 1989 and never brought him back. 

• Members

As talented as Anthony Herrera was, it was absolutely ridiculous that the show would resurrect James Stenbeck after Paul put several bullets in him at the very end of the 1980s. There was a reason why it happen in the final quarter of the final year of the 80s. James never should have been brought back as anything other than in nightmares in Paul and or Barbara’s subconscious. It actually might have been interesting if Paul had a recurring dream every anniversary of him shooting his father, or at least the 10th anniversary of when it happened, but ATWT wasn’t about that life by then.