Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I enjoyed Deakins in the role. MB will always be Lily for me but, from the little I've seen of LD, she seems to be a perfectly fine actress. Her Lily is a little different but it's a younger version of the character. I'm just glad she left so MB could take over!

• Members

Although I don't remember her much because I was so young, when I watch these episodes on You Tube or here, I realize that I also really enjoy Deakins in these episodes as well.

I thought Deakins would've have been as capable of growing and progressing with the role of Lily as anyone, including MB, although I am having a hard time seeing her Lily with JH's Holden. 

I believe that Deakins left acting at one time for other pursuits.

When I saw Noelle Beck in the role, I couldn't help thinking that I wished that Deakins or Rattray had been contacted first but by that time Deakins was already a practicing attorney.  I don't know about Rattray.

I think that in terms of production values, this year was the strongest year that the Daytime Emmys has had in many years and that includes the HLN years.

I still see people tweet-complaining about it not being on TV but it was on You Tube, if those people can find Internet access to tweet complaints, couldn't they find Internet access to stream the show?

The reality is that, it would be very difficult, at this point to find a television network willing to broadcast the Daytime Emmys because any network would have to "eat" the cost of producing/broadcasting for next to no ad revenue.

At least online, the ad revenues are lower but so are the costs associated with streaming.  And I'd rather have a dignified show being streamed out than a tacky show on TruTV or some other outfit.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

According to this article, the CW hosted it in 2009 where it earned an all-time low rating for the show but somehow higher than anything the CW had achieved in that same time-slot all summer.

Primetime Ratings: Daytime Emmys Hit Record Low On CW

Did the CW host more than one year? 

Because the awards ceremony was held in Las Vegas in 2010 & 2011.  I'm not sure whether that was CW or not.

• Members

I saw that. I think Maura took her kids Joe and Kate to see DEH. Its nice to know they're still good friends. Mikey tweeted after the emmys---he didn't agree with ED's win.

I miss him. He is a handsome devil.