The Oprah Winfrey Show

YRBB

• Members

And, bellcurve, although this is a fascinating tale... Do you think it kind of foreshadows a possible show for Iyanla on OWN? I mean, I don't think so, when Oprah is done, she is done, but I don't know. I'm a tiny bit confused. Or perhaps she'll have her as a guest on another one? :unsure:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only way Iyanla's appearing on OWN is if she's getting financial advice from Suze Orman, mental health advice from Dr. Phil, and tips on living a longer life from Dr. Oz.

There's no way this lady's ready for primetime. She's still as desperate and as pathetic as ever and this interview with her groveling proved that.

• Members
  • Members

Starting Over was amazing, in the darkest, most psycho and melodramatic way possible. Anyone else recall when Iyanla had a woman in a CAGE and when she had another woman roll around in mud only to be hosed off?! Iyanla was the conductor of that crazy train.

I always felt badly for Rhonda, the other life coach, she made so much sense and demonstrated a lot of compassion. She and Iyanla were just so mismatched.

And yes, Barbara Walters is slowly, but surely, revealing herself to be an utter bitch. We all know that Bill Geddie is a pig, so no shocker there...but Barbara, so sneaky, so underhanded. You can give Rosie this: she's never been a liar or a cheat, she's played it all very publicly. Odd that Oprah gets along so well with Leno, another snake in the grass.

• Members

Did you see my post above? :lol: I said the same stuff about Iyanla's greatest hits. At the time some fans tried to have her credentials taken away, I think.

I felt a little bad for Rhonda but I also thought she was patronizing. I preferred Rana, who was dumped after the first - and by far best - season.

My favorite Rhonda moment was when she finally lost all patience with that annoying as hell woman in the first season, the one who was older and divorced and a teacher and trying to start life over. What was her name, Brenda? She would not go along with any of the dates they tried to set her up on and finally Rhonda just blasted her and turned that condescending iciness on full force and reduced her to a quivering wreck.

• Members

LOL I didn't see your earlier post! It's amazing that we both mentioned the same things regarding Iyanla's 'greatest hits'...what a hot mess that woman is!

Brenda! She was definitely the most normal, together and fabulous woman on Starting Over. She didn't really need the show, she had her life sorted out and just needed help getting laid, basically. I loved Brenda.

The one who I just loathed was Audrey, that nasty bitch who wanted to be a country singer and who was just delusional about her life and her talent. What was even weirder was that the life coaches basically encouraged Audrey's delusions, it was so strange.

There was another one I liked, a husky woman from the south, Karen? She wanted to be a costume designer and did just that and was fabulous at it.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Real talk, these final Oprah promos/celebrity guest rememberances are kinda killin' me. I'm finding myself switching off the emotional light switch. I hate sad goodbyes. I wish they'd gone the upbeat "Hey! Just join me over at OWN!" route. ^_^

Archived