Victoria Rowell, Darius McCrary, and Kristoff St. John on Radio Show

• Webmaster

If I understand the original poster correctly, it means that Darius isn't one of the colored men of mixed races on the show, ie. brown skinned with a hint of white. Never heard the term before, but if I understand it correctly, it makes sense. It is rare to see a pure colored person on a TV show. It is always someone with a lighter tone of color.

And what is that supposed to mean? lol.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

On the topic at hand, I get Victoria Rowell's fight, but she is going about it the wrong way. In fact, I saw something on her Twitter and I asked a question and the girl went bat shit crazy on me and sent her cronies on me.

• Members

Well, this "Oreo" would like to point out that that particular pejorative doesn't refer to us beige beauties as much as it does to a "full" black person accused of "acting" white. Bryant Gumble, Colin Powell, Condoleeza, those are the types of folks who tend to get the "Oreo" label, but particularly bougie proper-English speaking blacks in the '60s/'70s and on.

• Members

I think it has less to do with not being biracial but more to do with street smarts/cred ( :rolleyes: okay Eddie Winslow) where he wouldn't allow himself to be son'd by the white man or any man blase blah... that others may sit quietly with their hands folded and "take it" but he wouldn't. Whatever. He's sitting there bumping his gums with all of that "But were they black??" crap, he's obviously of the beliefe that they SHOULD sit and take it. And here he was on a very successful all-black sitcom that not only ran for years but was acquired by CBS upon its cancellation at ABC and yet he's still willing to take a sit and take "I'm just really glad to be here" approach to being a working black actor in Hollywood.

• Members

This woman never fails to be entertaining. She clearly has no concept of the difference between a spit-take and "spitting on" someone. Her claims about wardrobe tags KSJ says he doesn't remember, nor does she provide any logic behind this perceived racial taunt. Is her claim that the white actresses keep all their D&G gowns? Her claim that MTS donned a Jan Brady afro wig and went around imitating her is another thing KSJ says he knows nothing about. Basically she admits she quit the show when she was not allowed to write and/or direct, and now has come up with the strategy that if she accuses them of racism long enough they will take her back and revive her career. But why would they? She clearly is an angry person and not someone you would want around a typical work environment.

She does make a passing reference to what would be a truly damning point: that black actors are paid 50 cents on the dollar compared to their white co-stars. Follow the money as always because money tells the story. That would be something concrete and a great topic for soap journalism from one of the magazines or websites. That alone would win any fight proving racism, but why that should mean she should go back to a show where she seems to dislike the half the cast and staff is beyond me. If anything it would mean she should try and go to another show where these things do not go on.

She allows no room for her perhaps being difficult to work with and dismisses everything with racism. It's convenient for her narrative, but listening to her ramble on racism isn't at the top of her list of problems.

• Members

I love VR and I applaud her efforts to increase the role for AAs on daytime. I found Darius disgusting -- it really does make me sick that anyone uses the N-word in any manner. If we want to make progress, everyone should wipe that out of their vocabulary. There are other words he could use if you want to be street. He is a poor representative of daytime and AA actors. I did like the fact that the hosts weren't afraid to challenge VR -- it certainly provided for a lively discussion. Let's remember silence is the enemy. We are fortunate to live in a society where we are free to express our opinions. EDIT: The Oreo comment: sick, sick, sick and Racist.

Archived