Victoria Rowell, Darius McCrary, and Kristoff St. John on Radio Show

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

I wasn't referring to Emmys or Awards. I'm referring to bringing audiences to the TV set when the show is on. Your peers rewarding you for a job well done is nothing compared to the people who actually provide you with a job (in this case, viewers by watching the show and buying the products advertised during the show).

• Members

Frankly, I'm more inclined to see someone dancing around in an afro wig as a racially motivated jab (I'd still like to hear the whole story on that). But at the end of the day, my gut tells me that these women just did not like VR and their hate/spite, whatever you want to call it, led them down the road to immaturity and ugliness where at least MTS sunk to the level of racist taunts to stick it to her. I really don't think that anyone disliked her because she was black, I think they disliked her divatude and outspokeness which of course INCLUDED the subject of BEING black and the racial disparity in front of and behind the lens. Again, immaturity and ugliness, they used that against her, trying to hit her where it hurt most as mean girls do.

• Members

One thing hasn't been addressed here. Kristoff and Darius were being interviewed about their roles and THEIR careers on a radio show, and Vicky calls in and completely take the bus over and steers everything abuot HER. Maybe she needs to schedule her own interviews instead of muscling in on someone else's. Muhney did this a week or two ago with Sharon Case on QVC or HSN or one of those places, and he was being lambasted for being a media whore. What would you all call this?

having worked with women years ago, that is probably right on the money.

• Webmaster

For me personally, there was no where in my comments did I say or imply that things were just "coincidences" with regards of the minority actors/characters on Y&R. If anything, we don't have proof of anything except what is being alluded to be one or two actors in interviews, past and present, who have one view of the story, whereas the other half is kept under lock and key within the shows. Am I saying they are lying? Of course not. However, we can't go around claiming everyone is a racist on Y&R based simply on things that happened whether intended or not.

• Members

If the Rikaarts, Luckinbills, and Bransons are making more than KSJ, I don't want to hear anything you have to say trying to defend such. If Kim Zimmer came to Y&R and was making more than KSJ, that I can of course get with. CLB may not have as many years clocked as KSJ but his soap career is longer so I can see him making a little more. But newbies who didn't have careers pre-2000, no.

• Members

No.

Victoria called in to discuss the issue at hand & Kristoff AGREED with her only as far as not wanting to risk his job (though definitely implying he agreed with her much more) to which the Male co hosts asserted their privilege by trying to silence Victoria & the female co-host anytime they tried to make points or rebuttals in support to Kristoff/Darius and/or of each other.

• Webmaster

The last I heard about Sharon Case doing QVC was a fellow industry person getting ready to promote the appearance on their site. I had no idea that Michael Muhney did all that. Yes, Id' call that a media whore and yes, Victoria surely did hijack the interview and make it about her. I'd of been offended, even if some of the claims she made about the show and the history it has of treating certain types of people were true.

• Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rowell came on to set and made it clear that she was an equal, not some second rate player like some many black actors have accepted being just to get by. A person of color is never going to get along with some people if they have the gall to behave like an equal. That's what happened at Y&R.

• Members

That was really bugging the hell out of me, all of nyuck-nyuck'ing and making light of the issue with lame jokes. It's cool to get an out of daytime perspective granted that it is an intelligent one, but this whole conversation would have been better handled and treated with the respect it deserves on a soap-related radio program (preferably, a kiss-ass-free one... good luck).

Say that!

• Members

Then what are you saying Errol?

Cause demanding "proof" sure seems akin to making everything "coincidences" especially since there will never be enough proof for those that aren't victimized.

But it's not "just" Y&R.

It's other shows too.

It's OLTL that fires Daphnee Duplaix for NOTHING & blames the ratings on KISH in a subsequent smear campaign then replaces all three with interchangeable White Male "hunks".

It's AMC writing Jesse & Angie way OOC to keep from giving them any real power.

It's GH casting Maya then letting her rot on the backburner as the character/actor she was intended for is paired with a younger White actress.

It's ATWT starting an interracial pairing then dropping it & letting the actress of color go only to pair the actor up with a White actress not long after.

And that's just SOME examples in the past couple of years.

EXACTLY!

Archived