Victoria Rowell, Darius McCrary, and Kristoff St. John on Radio Show

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In California, virtually all of this state's Black folks live in just 9 of the state’s 58 counties:

Alameda County (13.7% Black)

Sacramento County (10.5% Black)

Los Angeles County (9.6% Black)

Contra Costa County (9.5% Black)

San Joaquin County (8.0% Black)

San Francisco County (7.2% Black - although this number has plummeted and will plummet more after redevelopment of the last "Black neighborhood", Hunters' Point)

Riverside County (6.6% Black)

Kern County (6.3% Black)

and

San Diego County (5.5% Black).

The vast majority of the counties in this state have a percentage of Black residents of between 1 and 2% (and several have far have less than 1%).

When you know that about California, you know that CNN's "random selection of precinct" method doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense if what you’re trying to do is actually know what Black voters are doing at the polls.

Utterly Supported Fact #1: There Were So Many More White, Latino and Asian Votes in Favor of Proposition 8 That Blaming Black Folks is Both Bad Math and Racist Scapegoating of the Highest Order

I'm going to end by doing one other thing: showing you the number of votes that non-Black people cast on Election Day in favor of Proposition 8, if I believe CNN's exit polls (which as I noted when I began, is the foundation for each and every anti-Black argument I've read on this site in the past 2 days.) You compare those numbers to the TOTAL maximum number of Black votes -- women AND men -- in this state if I give the racist haters every benefit of the doubt as I have done mathematically above -- of 504,000 votes. And then you make the argument to me that our segment of electorate is more to blame for an outcome in which we contributed -- even under the hateful math, only 4.9% of the votes. Please.

Non-Black Votes in Favor of Proposition 8:

White Men: 51% of 31% of 10,325,615 votes: 1,632,480 Yes

White Women: 47% of 32% of 10,325,615 votes: 1,552,972 Yes

Latino Men: 54% of 8% of 10,325,615 votes: 446,067 Yes

Latino Women: 52% of 11% of 10,325,615 votes: 592,170 Yes

Asian/Native: 51% of 9% of 10,325,615 votes: 473,946 Yes

Total: 4,697,635 (9.3 times the maximum TOTAL number of Black votes in California.)

Now who did all y'all say was at fault, again? Answer - it wasn't us, unless you were contending that even if we went against Proposition 8 in the same proportions as everyone else it would have failed.

• Members

This is very correct. And if you look at other states that have passed gay marriage bans (mainly Southern ones) blacks and whites voted almost equally in favor of these measures. It's just that California has more progressive minded white voters, not that there is a huge gap in who holds these views.

• Members

well.. back to the topic of Vicky and her nutball behavior. Even if she wanted to rake her former employers over the coles... that's her perogative if she wants to do it. but I want to know how someone could be so totally delusional as to think they would have her back after all that. Kristoff basically said that.

• Members

i don't recall ANYONE saying blacks were at fault.

the point is that a large percentage of blacks was against prop 8. NO ONE is saying that other groups didn't also vote against it. it's just that you continue to deny that blacks were against it in large numbers.

why you can't admit that is beyond me. no single group has a lock on racism or homophobia, and no group is entirely clean.

and you heard how VR ran over kristoff when he made that point.

the woman just cannot be reasoned with. it's all about her, 24/7. and does anyone really think victoria rowell could function as part of a writing staff???

i mean, really.

• Members

WHAT "large percentage"?

You made an assertion.

Support it with facts.

Because they weren't.

And if you take into account that if this mythical "large black percentage" that you've asserted was completely eliminated from Prop 8 that the measure still would've passed by quite a few votes means that the "demo percentage" would be even HIGHER for White Voters.

• Members

oh, please. you've got to be kidding me.

58% IS high. in an election, 58%-42% is called a LANDSLIDE.

and, AGAIN, no one said black people were more homophobic than other races. black people are JUST AS homophobic. for some reason, you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

• Members

Not when that "landslide" could be overwhelmingly still accomplished even WITHOUT the vaunted "Large Black Percentage"

And from both those articles to put that in context, the study also concludes that 59 percent of Latinos supported prop 8. That isn't one-up-manship--it just means we were about the same more than 80 percent of Republicans and conservatives cast ballots in favor, two-thirds of voters 65 and older backed Prop. 8, compared with 45 percent of those 18 to 29.

Yes they did which is how this whole "discussion" started.

No.

I've always said Black People are no more homophobic than any other race of people.

That is anything but a "refusal to acknowledge".

Archived