Victoria Rowell, Darius McCrary, and Kristoff St. John on Radio Show

• Members

you say "no more homophobic." i say "JUST AS homophobic."

you simply refuse to acknowledge the homophobia in the black community. you pretend it isn't there by saying blacks are no more homophobic that other races -- and THAT isn't even true. the article said that latinos are just as homphobic as blacks, and whites are less homophobic.

you continually try to spin this so that it says nothing negative about african americans, when it absolutely does. why you refuse to see a negative in your own community is beyond me.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which is the same thing.

No I haven't.

Stop reaching.

They aren't.

That's not "pretending homophobia is not there".

No.

What the article said was that Blacks & Latinos voted similarly with Blacks slightly higher IN THIS PARTICULAR INSTANCE which given the overall stats isn't a big deal (though they need to be worked upon) nor does it take into account the lack of outreach from The White LBGT community to people & communities of color.

And given the fact that the initiative would've passed without "The Large Black Percentage" (as RedFoxx & TC pointed out) is easier than dealing with White Religious Fanaticism & Homophobia that actually passed the initiative.

Now you're just trolling.

And weakly at that.

Let it be "beyond you" then. :lol:

• Members

Victoria Rowell seems mean, crazy and obsessed to me. It is clear that she knows she can't get any new acting jobs and she DEMANDS to return to Y&R. She thinks it's her right to gossip in public about her previous job and then demand to come back. And write for her character. Poor Brenda Dickson has been labeled as crazy for years and yet she was never that delusional.

Everything is always about being black and never about being difficult and problematic. And yes, you can be all three things at the same time.

As for the drug comment, everyone has been saying these things about Amelia and she always behaves like a normal person. I guess it's ok thinking that someone is on drugs when they are that aggressive and the delusional ALL THE TIME. She does more harm for black people than good (which is supposed to be her main concern) with her attitude. Even her valid points are lost because of her madness. She has to realise that she is not spokesperson material and get some therapy about her Y&R job.

• Members

and back to victoria rowell, someone else who doesn't get it....

why can't she get a job ANYWHERE? has she made herself completely unemployable?

it's understandable that no one would hire a self-proclaimed diva who can't get along with anyone and who makes constant demands....in addition to embellishing and distorting things that happened with past work experiences.

besides writing her trash book, she spends the day tweeting and making phone calls to the foxxhole. no wonder she's so bitter.

+1

• Members

Of course they do. But if you want change you appeal to the white, affluent sector of the majority. To concentrate this effort on minorities, and I do see the point of trying, allows for too much deeply entrenched, historically based racism to enter into the equation. Then there's the question of money. You don't get your hands into the deepest pockets by fingering an unjustly impoverished minority as the enemy. Not when you are a minority yourself.

• Members

One thing I will disagree with is how she brought up thepetition to bring her back and said "why does there need to be a petition to bring a black actress back?" (paraphrasing). There are tons of soap petitions out there for various agendas and there are ones to bring back the white actors too. That isnt a black or white issue as she tried to make it out ot be

And Darius...he is 34 and acted so immature. He has been in the industry a long time and after Family Matters has not had alot of work. How dare he mock VR's struggles as a black actor in the entertainment business when he himself has experienced those same struggles? Whether he sees it or not, she is trying to make things better for he and those that come after him better. It was disprectful and classless to not acknowledge that but instead poke fun at it and belittle her. I expect that from some 16 yr old newbie, not a grown ass 34 yr old man who's been around since 1987

Yes it is, or at least thats how Ive always understood and heard it. Its used to refer to someone who's black on the outsie and white on the instead. Basically to imply that they are fake and trying to be something they are not

to be fair, Emmys dont mean anything these days. B&B just fired and recasted Drew Tyler Bell and he won an Emmy 3 months ago.

Archived