Victoria Rowell, Darius McCrary, and Kristoff St. John on Radio Show

• Members

No, because the assertion you assign to me is a blatant lie. You try to say I say black people is why gay marriage failed. Provide that quote please. I said the dramatic voting against civil rights by one group by such a margin was noticeable. You posted some ridiculous essay saying that even if every black person voted for, it still would have died. That was never my point and doesnt even begin to address the rampant homophobia. My point was that the 70% margin shed light on bigotry and that if I am going to fret about discrimination on OLTL, it certainly isn't going to be about Destiny, Evangeline or whoever while the network is flat out scapegoating gay people and characters. You can't have that because everything for you must come down to you being on the cross.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's definitely a way to go about expressing your grievances, and "publicly" is almost always not the right way, right off the bat. People do not enjoy being called-out. It also helps to spin it like you're sad and heartbroken opposed to angry. ^_^ I have no problem with what VR has to say, I do think *she* has a problem if she's dead set on this all leading her back to Y&R. Way too awkward of a working enviornment at this point. As others have said, I think the focus now should be on landing/creating a show where these things DON'T happen. But she said something very telling, it's like if you were the fat kid with acne and braces who everyone made fun of in high school, there's no satisfaction in now being a supermodel and going to the *neighboring* high school's reunion, you want validation at your home school.

• Members

Most of my career, and my partner's, has been spent in a professional or union environment so my expectations might be high. I can't imagine a situation where someone could parade a racial mimic around, in the workplace, without the person who did it being at least questioned. Not saying it never happens but when it does, this kind of thing makes it to the front page when it happens in my work environment.

• Members

No.

You said that you couldn't support Black People cause they overwhelmingly voted for Prop 8.

Then when facts were presented that disproved your assertion you had nothing to say.

Nowhere in any of my previous statements did I say that or anything like it.

The poll itself was in no way an accurate representation of...much of anything, actually.

The poll was 2,240 people.

10% of the voters were black (as compared to 6.7%, which is the total black population of the state)

70% of black voters polled said they voted yes

Rounding up, that's a grand total of 157 people.

The number of white voters who voted yes? Around 670.

The map also shows that the main no counties were all along the coast. Everything east of (and including) Sacramento went no, along with Riverside and OC. The only one of those areas that has a significant black population is Sacramento.

I'm going to end by doing one other thing: showing you the number of votes that non-Black people cast on Election Day in favor of Proposition 8, if I believe CNN's exit polls (which as I noted when I began, is the foundation for each and every anti-Black argument I've read on this site in the past 2 days.) You compare those numbers to the TOTAL maximum number of Black votes -- women AND men -- in this state if I give the racist haters every benefit of the doubt as I have done mathematically above -- of 504,000 votes. And then you make the argument to me that our segment of electorate is more to blame for an outcome in which we contributed -- even under the hateful math, only 4.9% of the votes. Please.

• Members

TC, Melody wore a rainbow clown wig, according to sources... so this is the basis of the accusation. Those rainbow clown wigs are afro, because it's the only style of hair where rainbow colors can stay separated, you can buy them in Wal-mart, and nobody pulls them off the shelves claiming they are racist. It's not like she was waving the confederate flag or anyhting.

Of course not.. everyone who knows me knows I'm the biggest prude in the world when it comes to substances. No alcohol, cigarettes, drugs or even coffee passes my lips.

Archived