Victoria Rowell, Darius McCrary, and Kristoff St. John on Radio Show

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's the problem. Vicki needs to learn how to speak in shorter, less biting yet equally eloquent and angry soundbites. People are turned off (or worse, stop listening) when you speak in angry pronouncements. What she's saying needs to be heard, the last thing she needs is people to stop listening.

Darius needs to keep his ignorant-sounding mouth shut until he knows what the hell he's talking about. He does not care about daytime. He cares about a gig. Kristoff isn't much different. Sounds like he'd just rather ride this job out and pad the nest of retirement (while meeting the demands of mortgage and college tuitions) without ruffling any feathers. That's cool, but passivity ain't so sexy and there really is something to the old, "If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything." Bless Victoria for her, "Well then let me fight the fight for you!" Go 'head Vic!

• Members

Michelle Stafford spit on her? Dang thats dirty. How does one even get away with that.

Why the hell would VR want to go back there? It seems the place is way too hostile and worse than most people imagined. They hate her over there and theres no reason why Y&R would take her back bc she is a grenade. There'd be weekly fights and conflicts going on all the time. I think its about time she give it up and move on. I dont get what she is trying to fight here. Just do yourself a favor and go play Onyxx on All My Children...lol. Y&R is NOT the end all and be all of daytime and hardly the crown jewel it was when she flourished on it.

My goodness, cosign on the STFU Darius. I cant believe he kept making a joke out of this and mocking her, when she is very passionate about this. How very disrespectful.

• Members

Darius McCrary = ignorant. I don't think black actors should just put up and shut up about conditions, but when you work on certain programs you have to know what to expect and obviously Y&R has huge institutional problems when it comes to race. The one thing Darius said that I liked was about making a black soap opera, if something like that was made and successful, then it could bring about change on other soaps. I think Rowell would really be better served becoming creative and leaving the whole Y&R thing alone.

• Members

Good in theory, impractical in execution. Producing any type of show costs money. Where would they get the cash to fund a soap opera, which is a dying genre which the shows are axing one by one? And what network would even pick it up. All I could see is My Network and BET

thats how I feel too. Considering how ugly she makes it out to be, I really dont think they are worth her time. Y&R isnt the only outlet left to make some change and be of use. I think she could do well trying to make her presence felt elsewhere.

Archived