B&B's Thomas Recast!!

• Members

Wow LOL!

Don't assume that Daytime Emmy on your mantle means job security! Drew Tyler Bell won the Outstanding Younger Actor trophy just this past June for his role as Thomas Forrester on The Bold and the Beautiful but he's now been replaced on the CBS soap by former 90210 star Adam Gregory. Bell, who joined B&B in 2004, will last be seen August 27. Gregory starts shooting within the next few days and will hit the air September 22. B&B exec producer Brad Bell (no relation to Drew) chose not to comment on the switch.

Gregory, who played cool, cocky, rich kid Ty Collins on 90210, will arrive on B&B at a highly dramatic time for the character. Thomas is furious with his folks — but particularly his mother, Taylor — for giving his sister, Steffy, all those shares of Forrester Creations and not giving him anything. This will cause the young man to become quite a force of his own and we'll see Thomas take sides with Brooke Logan in the ongoing battle between the Logans and Forresters. Also, look for Thomas to take an interest in Brooke's daughter, Hope.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Cast-Shake-1021972.aspx

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Never had anything against Drew...Not a huge fan or anything but definitely didn't hate him...

I liked Adam as Ty, so I'm sure he'll be fine as Thomas.

It's sad though, because this just goes to show how little worth an Emmy is any more :( Not only do they not GET you jobs, they can't help you keep them.

• Members

This is hilarious, it's been clear to me that they haven't cared for DTB since they cast him. And frankly weren't interested in writing for Thomas at all.

So now they have someone "hot" and will use him to death.

Archived