OLTL: History of EPs and HWs

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ah, so Sam Hall was by himself before Peggy O'Shea joined him. Thanks, Scotty.

Updated:

Joyce H. Corrington & John William Corrington

Sam Hall

Sam Hall & Peggy O'Shea

I put Hall/O'Shea in just 1985, unless they were credited together in the last two weeks of 1984.

• Members

It wasn't a first for her--she wrote GL (admittedly a 15 min soap back then) for I believe at least a year while writing AW--and then she was still writing AW (finishing up) when OLTL premiered. But yeah she had co-headwriters--still remember stories she did like the Odyssey House drug storyline, Cathy's STD report, the Marcy story who tried to take over Vicki's life, etc--these were all things Agnes discusses extremely fondly and often and were post AMC. She also was heavily involved with training Gordon Russell when they wrote together. (I thought Agnes didn't pull back from AMC till 1984 or so--when Marland stepped down after a year as head writer for Loving and Agnes took over for a year or two?) Don't forget two that writing AMC and OLTL would mean writing a combined 5 hours a week--writing Loving and AMC woul dbe a combined 7 1/2 a week--might not seem like more, but I think it significantly makes a difference--I know Agnes has gone on at some length about how much harder writing an hour show was then writing a half hour show--she said it was three times the work, not double.

• Members

Bertram, along w/ Don Wallace, Fred Corke and later Craig Carlson, wrote some of the most literate dialogue for OLTL, back when the show truly had (IMO) the best scriptwriters in the business (save for ATWT's).

Archived