OLTL: Discussion for the week August 9

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finished the July episode counts last night...and will work on the year-to-date counts this evening after returning home from a meeting and post them then. Interesting that neither Todd, Starr, nor John was the top airhog on OLTL last month. :P

• Members

This coming from me, a die hard long long long time OLTL viewer.............................................I could not agree with you more. Ford is the one I can't stand the most. Inez is barely okay. Nick is fine with DanYella. James......meh.

I read somewhere else that JVD has some good story coming up and there is going to be a really good surprise casting. Hope it's true.

• Members

This is thanks to a great poster named Deb from a private discussion group I belong to:

Q: Jerry: Wish you were going on the So Long Springfield Cruise as you are as much a part of GL's history as any actor ever was. It was good to see you at Mohegan Sun! What else do you have coming up besides your Strikes event and the One Life to Live Fan Club event? What happened to the days where daytime stars would open say a Target or new book store? Kelsey B.

A: Hi Kelsey! Yeah, ABC hinted that they would prefer that I not go on the cruise. ABC offered me a contract when GL took mine away so guess who I listened to? This summer I am doing a lot of work for American Cancer Society, taking care of my health and preparing for a new story line that is a dream come true for me.

Greetings everyone. What a storyline we just started for OLTL/Clint. Family in-fighting, dirty play, a new romance and a new employee at Buchanan Enterprises. Plus some bombshell casting news. Love, jvd.

• Members

Thank you so much Monty for sharing. This sounds great. I've always liked JvD. He is an excellent actor who, unfortunately, is not always given the material to fully show his talent. It's also nice to read there will be a shift back to the Buch's and the vet's. I love this show but the last 6 months have been extremely difficult to get through.

• Members

What is interesting about Eli is that they sort of just threw him into several stories and made him the villian. Melinda's death, Marty's fall, and Ford's attack were all parts of separate stories. Melinda's death was at the climax of the Mitch storyline with Dorian; Marty with John/Natalie and Todd/Cole; and Ford with Markko/Langston/Jessica. On the surface, they all could have been resolved without including Eli. But as he was made the culprit of all three (which for all we know, was not the plan from the start)- it gave him so much more screen-time.

Now throw in Evangeline/Cristian/Layla, and his engagement to Blair, as well as his manipulations with Tea and seemingly representing every and any client in Llanview, it's no wonder he's number 1...

But throwing him into every story, and thereby involving the entire canvas around Eli and his shenanigans... is very dangerous. If viewers aren't liking it, they are pretty much disliking the whole show. Aside from the Ford/Sallinger family, and John/Nat/Brody/Jessica, it's pretty much the whole show. And even those two stories intersect with Evil-Eli.

The JVD/Clint stuff sounds quite exciting. I really hope that the casting involves a recasted Kim- and that it's with someone capable. There was so much story potential there and it is amazing because it seems like it was only by accident that Kim & Clint were thrown together. I want to know Kim's secret, and I think she should be connected somehow to the show's past- through a long-lost loveable character. But even without Kim, it sounds like it could be very interesting.

Archived