OLTL Discussion for the week of July 19

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool info Marceline. I rarely ever post or bother to go to Primetime boards. I simply don't have the time or patience. I was major Lost fan and I tried to participate on their board, but there were way too many posts and way too many off topic posts. I gave up.

• Members

In Jason Tam and Tika Sumpter's case it was their choice.

Jason is off for two months doing something that will really help his career. OLTL says he'll be back but if he's not, it's not like he's been really front burner (even though recent storylines showed he has a lot of talent). This is a smart step for him.

Tika wants the freedom to be able to take other jobs while remaining in Llanview. Many OLTL characters are recurring so if they want to use her they will. If not, she has other opportunities.

While I may be sad that Evangaline won't come back, I am glad RC is attempting to wrap up this unresolved storyline. Dena left her in a coma and from what I've seen on other boards, some fans feel REG should be the only one to play the role. If she has no desire to play the role anymore then what choice does the show have? She's found other opportunity elsewhere and appears to enjoy being a mom as well as an actress that works when SHE wants to.

I have enjoyed FL on the show however they are giving her a great exit story. I don't recall her wanting to be tied down to the show and it's not entirely clear who's decision this is. No matter. She is still getting a good exit (assuming there is no last minute save).

• Members

While Gigi and Rex are no longer being shoved down our throats, I doubt there would be a huge improvement if she left as she doesn't get much airtime these days.

I suspect the show doesn't really know what to do with her right now. Rex also appears to be in a bit of limbo.

• Members

I know some are not fans of Charlie/Viki/Dorian/David's storyline however I do find it amusing. It is, in my mind, a way to give them airtime and show the older crowd can be just as entertaining to the young whippersnappers ABC Daytime forces the show to court.

While I would like to see a different story for them after this, it seems some (based on recent scans of message boards) are fans of Short Attention Span Theatre. Before a story starts, they want to know the ending and if something has been going on for more than a week, it's been 'dragging out' or 'going on forever!'.

I truly enjoyed Viki pretending to hit on David while he was wearing swimsuits for the Banner. No matter what she is given, she usually can turn it into gold which speaks to the true talent that she is.

• Members

Well, I could one-up you with stories from my mother's side of the family, but that would seem like I was bragging about incest. Needless to say, though, I totally hear you on life in small towns, SFK.

I guess she had to tap into her inner Niki Smith there, lol!

• Members

I stopped posting on Lost boards years ago. I just wasn't into the show enough to keep up with the level of detail required to discuss it and then once the fan wars started up you couldn't say two words without the Skaters and Jaters turning it into scorched earth. Lost and House are the only primetime shows where I've seen the type of battles between shippers that are commonplace on soaps and in both cases, the shows and the actors contribute(d) to it.

Archived