OLTL Discussion for the week of July 19

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I'm really kinda blown/confused right now. There's some great drama with this Evangeline business and Janet will most likely be gone in days, Tika's recurring, and I thought Markko was only taking a break and that sure looked like he was leaving for good. And how manipulative, because who here would even WANT him to come back to try to heal some wack relationship with Langston when he's got this awesome opportunity out West?? GO boy, GO! But sad to lose him. Now we're left with Langston and who pray tell? Exactly. :rolleyes:

Viki, what the hell... you're too old for this foolishness.

Dorian, I'm catching the Bolt Bus to Llanview and I'm burning that headband.

• Members

I think they think that Markko and Langston is our happily ever after and sending her off the show to be with him in CA (if that's when ends up happening, I'm still confused about Markko/Tam at the moment) will satisfy us. Not so. All of the Langston w/Ford defenders went on and on about how she's young and shouldn't be tied down, well Markko shouldn't either then, especially when he has a promising opportunity across the country... and we're not talking about a couple that drifted apart over summer break but a girl who cheated on a guy and all but mashed it in his cuckolded face.

• Members

So Markko might be really gone? I like him and his friendship with Starr/Cole. I thought it was sweet when Starr went to hug him today. I think they are going to have Langston/Ford develop real feelings for each other and pair them up for a while. It seems the writers might be heading in that direction, plus Markko was talking like his and Langston's relationship couldn't be repaired and saying stuff about how they aren't destined to be together.

It would be unfortunate if they killed off Evangeline. If they kill her off, I wonder if they will have Layla leave town for a while/indefinitely. Maybe Layla will be so upset about her sister's death that she decides to leave Llanview and her and Christian break up?

• Members

She's been around since 2007 hasn't she? Or 2006? I don't know her contract, but I just wonder what use they will have for Langston once they're done using her to pimp Ford.

I actually liked the teen scene a few years ago because Starr and Cole were, well, not normal, but they weren't the usual cookie cutter abs-and-implants "teens" you see on some shows. Markko and Langston were interesting and dependable supporting characters with the potential for more. The stuff last year with the condoms and Lola was actually pretty entertaining. Unfortunately it was all downhill. I guess Langston shoving a drugged up Dorian in the pool was the harbinger.

Of course the more plastic and untalented the "teens" get the better the show seems to do in demos, so what do I know.

• Members

Well, JT is leaving for a bit so they didn't really have any other choice with regards to Markko, Van has practically been plant food for several years, Layla is hardly around as it is, and I'm not convinced they're going to kill off Tea.

Archived