AMC: Musings from Cady McClain in the new SOD

• Members

Check out the new SOD if you're interested in hearing Cady's take on several things/characters and her hopes for Dixie.

Some highlights

- "The new Dixie's flawed, she's lived a life. And everyone's just going to have to tough it out!"

- On Dixie and Tad: "They're different people; they've changed and they may not be able to look forward."

- On Di and Tad and what Dixie will think: "I was talking to Julie (Carruthers) about this and it's like, 'Get your own man! Just because I don't want him anymore doesn't mean that I want you to have him!" (That quote is really revealing: Just because I don't want him anymore! Needless to say, it's going to be a tough road ahead for Tad and Dix, I think).

- She says that Dixie never wanted JR to grow up with Adam's primary influence. But there may be a good reason she let him grow up on his own at that point, and with Adam's control.

- Babe and Dixie should have an interesting relationship. Babe is kind of an "echo" of Dixie.

- She wants to work with Eileen Herlie and James Mitchell more. Yay for more Myrt and Palmer! And of course she's excited to work with everyone in the Tad/Di/JR/Babe camp.

- She's been watching the show and likes Zendall (eeee!) and Jeff Branson.

- I'm somewhat surprised Cady has mentioned nothing of ATWT really since she's come back. Maybe the spec. is true and she was really upset w/ them when they let Hunt Block go?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Cady will be seen regularly once February sweeps starts. She didn't tape a lot in December at all. She taped one day with Di in mid-December that I know of. (That was the same day that the entire Martin and Chandler clan was taping as well, but I think they were taping stuff with Janet...not stuff with Dixie, as I originally had thought).

Did I accidentally start this topic in Discuss the Soaps rather than Spoiler Island? I thought I saw it in DTS and I was like "Oh, [!@#$%^&*]! Wrong forum" but now it's in SI. If someone moved it for me, thanks, or maybe I'm just losing my mind.

• Members

I can't wait for Dixie's story to pick up. Right now, the only thing that's got me tuning in is Babe and JR, and Bianca. Zach and Kendall are alright, but I prefer them fighting. They're more fun that way..lol

• Members

Cady sounds very excited at all the prospects for her and her character on AMC which in turn makes me and the fans excited. I think Cady probably will be taping mad now or whenever their Christmas hiatus ends..... did they go back to work on Monday?

Archived