AMC: Friday June 25, 2010

• Members

AMC's never addressed it but Carmen was her "sister" so she's probably a Black Latina (like the actress herself).

Amen.

There has GOT to be a scene where Natalia snaps at Angie.

They really love each other but Natalia's a Mama's Girl.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never thought I would see the day where Caucasians were the minority on an episode of an ABC soap.

I LOVED today's show. For me this was the best episode in a long time.

First of all this was the best material for the Hubbards since Esensten & Brown left (and, say what you will about B&E, but they loved that family).

Loved Angie and Natalia's talk, love Mayor Blanco, loved seeing Angie & Jesse's bedroom (although I'm still waiting to see their apartment set, which has not been shown since the move to LA), loved Jesse and Frankie hanging out and tossing the football around, loved that we saw more Frankie today than in the last 6 months combined, loved that they didn't include Randi, and Debbi Morgan is just amazing.

Angela Tessinari's directing. Kate Hall's writing. The perfect mix.

Yes it was Kreizman bringing "Inside-the-Light" to AMC but, for me at least, it worked (although I can't think of any other current groups of characters that I could tolerate having their own episode). I know there is a dislike for when the episode format is tinkered with but after weeks of episodes that seemed like they would never end the jumping-around in today's episode was a nice change of pace.

• Members

Shhhh....don't tell Frons.

Seriously, though I can't believe he's allowing this to happen. I have this image of him duct-taped to a chair in the basement while his assistant claims he "just left" the office and signs off on everything, like something out of 9-to-5.

• Members

:lol: And all the black employees watching the dailies while slapping each other five.

Re: Angie/Natalia. IDK. I've seen similar situations (not where the husband was presumed dead, but where a wife has to deal with her philandering husband's child after that child has grown up into an adult), and none of them are like how Angie and Natalia are. Sure, it's possible for them to be close, but there could have been drama. Not big catfights or bitchy remarks, but just...feelings of weirdness. Angie knowing that it isn't right to blame it on Natalia but still not able to shake all of the things Natalia reminds her of. Natalia missing her mother and not wanting to accept that her dad had this whole life before her and her mother, not wanting anything to do with it, and fighting her burgeoning feelings of warmth towards Angie and Frankie.

Hell, my dad went out and knocked some ho up and produced a child, and even when the girl was a baby, it took me at least two years to even want to hold her.

• Members

I am totally YouTubing this episode tonight/tomorrow, I started a little over half in so I missed all the Natalia (who is looking SO good in those screen caps) stuff and whatnot, but I was really feeling what I saw.

I immediately thought of Inside the Light too, and although I was caught off guard at first by the rapid fire scene changes/fast forwards I didn't hate on it just because it's new and different for AMC. It worked here. They covered ground without stretching out unnecessary scenes, even working in a montage of Angie in the lab. The focus remained on Angie where it belonged. This is what Friday episodes are about.

And do doctors do those little tape recordings just for their own records or do they get shared with the staff too? Can you imagine listening back to that, "Wow, what was she going through..."

Re: Angie/Natalia, I think it's not at all uncommon to take your frustrations out on the innocent parties, like beating the ass of the woman your husband cheated with who didn't know that he was married instead of beating his ass. Emotions aren't always rational and I agree that I would have liked to have seen more of Angie's frustrations played out, but at the heart of it, the line of anger should be Jesse, Rebecca, then Natalia who may be the fruit of the infidelity and living reminder of it, but nonetheless the totally innocent party.

• Members

I get what you mean but the time for that to have happened would have been a year and a half ago when the story presented itself. For them to go back now and have Angie acting awkward towards Natalia would not feel right bc its nto consistent with their relationship now. The ship has sailed on that. The only way it could realistically work is if they broguht Cassandra back and used her a plot point to cause tension and pit them against each other. She has no loyalties to Natalia and could call Jesse out on what he did and use her own jealousy to try and fuel some resentment out of Angie.

• Members

For a while there, every Wednesday episode on GL was devoted to a particular character, or couple even. It was a way to focus individually on a character's life and motivations within his or her particular s/l, while also being stand alone in nature and having nothing specifically to do with the s/l at hand. A great way to spend an hour with your favorite character(s), a great excuse to skip the episode if you didn't give a crap.

• Members

Oh, I totally agree. I was speaking in regards to the initial revelation of Rebecca and Natalia. Now, it wouldn't make sense for all that to go down, but it would have been juicy, soapy goodness then.

Did Cass and Natalia have any kind of relationship at all before Cass left? I wasn't really watching then, so I don't know. Having Cass come back and be like "What the hell, really?" about the whole thing would be awesome.

Archived