Show(s) You're Just DYING To See...

Khan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm surprised by that, Ron. I mean, I watch it because I like sex and fart jokes (that's about 90% of the jokes), and there's usually hot women. I didn't think it was your "style" of show.

• Members

Two and a Half Men usually you either love or hate. I love it, they make me laugh, but most of the time I just like watching it. There's not thinking involved or anything, just mindless fun.

I've been thinking for awhile to start watching those TV shows that don't come from the main networks (NBC/CBS/ABC/FOX/CW), mainly Six Feet Under, True Blood or Breaking Bad, but I just can't get myself to actually download the shows. Maybe sometime in the future when I'm done watching all the reruns.

• Members

I forgot all about Downtown--we got that late at nighthere in Canada, and Inever seemed to remember when it was on, so would just randomly come across it--for some reason I really loved it.

(I hate Two and a Half Men--I find it kinda mean spirited or something. I do like Chuck Lorre's Big Bang much better...)

Dexter is one that comes to mind, nearly all my friends watch it but I just never caught on to it, and it feels too late to start now.

• Members

Was there a Canadian show about a newspaper? I swear I remember watching this in reruns on Lifetime or Trio or something (Trio at one point had a lot of shows no one else in the States had ever shown, like All Saints, and some forest ranger show, and Corrie). I think there was a plane crash episode.

• Members

Don't feel bad; I couldn't get into "The Wire," either. In fact, aside from "Oz" and maybe "Six Feet Under" (which I promise I'll begin watching someday), I tend not to enjoy HBO's original programming (and really, after awhile, "Oz" just got to be too much for me, my love for Tom Fontana's work be damned).

Conversely, I think I could enjoy "Mad Men" and even "Breaking Bad," but -- wouldn't you know -- AMC is the one network/channel my cable company does not carry? (Come on, Turner Classic Movies, where's your first original, scripted series already?)

Archived