Show(s) You're Just DYING To See...

Khan

• Members

You need to use Closed Captioning. I'm halfway through Season 4, and one night, I forgot to turn on the CC before starting an episode. I didn't make it a minute.

I discovered another David Simon show last night, GENERATION KILL. I've put it in my Netflix queue right after THE WIRE, Season 4. Then I'll watch THE WIRE, Season 5. I don't have very many shows I wish I'd seen, otherwise. Can't think of any. If Brand-Falsey Productions (if they even exist) were to release I'LL FLY AWAY on DVD, I'd probably buy it. I've seen every episode at least twice, but it's my favorite show of all time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got rid of digital cable when I realized how little cable I actually watched (TREME, SOUTHLAND, ENTOURAGE). It will cost me less to buy the shows I actually want to watch when they come out on DVD. And since I feel no need to own 99% of the things I've already watched, I re-sell it on Amazon in "Like New" condition.

Seasons 1-4 are the best. Watch them in order. What a treat. I wish I could go back and watch all of them for the first time, especially on a DVD watchathon.

• Administrator

The first season Buffy wasn't very good. It definitely gets better in season 2 with the addition of Spike, though there were still a lot of bad episodes - mostly the "monsters of the week" episodes. I can see why people liked Marti Noxon, her episodes are generally the best. I love the humour on the show - it's pretty witty. I'm at about the 8th episode of season 3 now and Spike's back (yay!).

Archived