Show(s) You're Just DYING To See...

Khan

• Members

Mine's "Six Feet Under." What's yours?

ETA: No, I'm not making a(nother) silly pun. 6FU is truly the one show I regret never watching. I've heard so many good things about it. Surely, I'm not the only one who has a series they missed out on? ;-)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lost - Season 3-6

The Simpsons - Season 3-present

Six Feet Under - Season 2-5

Bones - Season 4-present

True Blood - Season 1-present

How I Met Your Mother - Season 5-present

The Office - Season 6-present

The Big Bang Theory - Season 1-present

The Wire - Season 1-5

Dark Shadows - Collection #1-#26

Family Guy - Season 1-present

Friday Night Lights - Season 1-present

Emmerdale Beginnings

I'm sure there is much more.

• Members

I keep saying I will (from everything I've heard about it, it's exactly the kind of show I would have loved to have written for) but five seasons' worth of DVD's is a huge and costly commitment for me.

• Administrator

After I re-watch The West Wing (I'm on Season 3 right now), I'm thinking of watching either Buffy The Vampire Slayer or 6 Feet Under, for the first time. I just hope they're available streaming online/megavideo.

• Members

At the risk of starting a jihad on the subject, go for "Buffy," but watch only the first three seasons if you don't wish to feel let down by the whole experience. Yes, seasons 4 through 7 had their moments -- the episodes "Hush," "The Body" and "Once More, With Feeling." For me, though, the whole arc and purpose of the series felt complete when the Scoobies graduated from high school.

• Members

It's odd to think one haircut could bring down a whole series. Nevertheless, IMO, not having all those luxurious curls just pointed up how blah Russell was, making continued watching of "Felicity" the definition of "labored effort." Not surprisingly, too, since "the Haircut," girlfriend hasn't touched one hair on her generic, talentless head. ;-)

My So Called Life: My heart weeps still for this classic. WTF, America?

Daria: Meh. It was funny, at times, but it wasn't what I'd consider essential viewing.

Maude: First two seasons w/ Esther Rolle (Florida, "Good Times") as Bea Arthur's maid and comic foil were great. Then, Florida leaves for her own show (which magically changes her husband's name from "Henry" to "James"; and transports her to Chicago's South Side, even though Maude lived in Tuckahoe, NY); some boozy British broad replaces her as the maid for awhile; and the stories - the issue-driven ones, in particular - become extremely bleak. (A low point, if you will, is when Maude is diagnosed as manic depressive. Because, bipolarism always generates laughs, no?)

• Members

Toups, you won't regret watching Buffy.

I have both Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared ready for two years now, but can't get myself to actually watch. Also, I've got Party Down ready, but I'm waiting for summer to begin.

The shows that I'm actually DYING to see is Big Brother 12, and the newest seasons of How I Met Your Mother/Two and a Half Men/Big Bang Theory/New Adventures of Old Christine.

Archived