Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He's always been quite good to you!? Is there something you're not telling us!? :lol:

But yeah, the Zane actor's been pretty much on on-point since his first episode. I'm not that big on Zane the character, though. Of course, that's not really fair for me to say because it's been a while since I've watched, but he's always had this air of superiority. Almost to the point of being insensitive to the fact that Riley was still in the closet.

Speaking of which, did the show ever decide if Riley is or isn't out of the closet at school? The last episode I watched, he was supposedly still closeted, but then he's having these intimate, heartfelt conversations in the middle of the hallway, and then he goes to the LGBT club meeting.

• Members

LMFAO!! Maybe I should have phrased that differently tongue.gif

Yeah Riley is out to everyone at school, I think he officially came out at school when he came out to the football team and then nominated him and Zane for King and King at the Degrassi dance.

I like Zane a lot because of how open he is & how he encouraged Riley to just embrace being gay and not hide it. Sometimes I thought he was a little to harsh with Riley and your right he was insensitive to him still being in the closet, I was confused with him at times because one minute he'd be fine with Riley wanting to keep it a secret & the next he'd find a reason to be upset with him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

IDK about anyone else, but I am rolleyes.gif at this "I found god" S/L with Fitz. I never cared about that guy much before anyways, seems like the show is trying to make him happen now all of a sudden. He was better as a bully. Plus I really don't care about Claire or Eli that much.

Loving the runaway Alli S/L

I feel like Jenna has been pregnant for like 18 decades, that baby should be out by now I think. Also can the show please stop letting that girl sing!! ph34r.gif

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I know! I read that the other day, that is something else. It's funny because his original character was sort of the "hunk" linked to Caitlin's original character. Then in DJH, Wheels became such a troubled character, and with those glasses he had this "bring a shotgun to school" vibe about him not unlike Rick of TNG.

• Members

Yeah, being from Toronto, it's pretty big news here. Wheels was almost like a tragiheroine type of character for Degrassi, but a male character obviously. It's really sad he seemed to have a lot of demons for a lot of his own life. The next time I run into "Joey Jeremiah", as he lives in the same town as I do, I'll be sure to give him my condolences.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I assume it must be still doing well in Canada. Nickelodeon should probably just get rid of Teennick because Degrassi is all they seem to have going for them outside of their All That 90s block. They picked up some Australian show "SLIDE" which only lasted one season with 10 episodes. As long as they have that station they will probably keep Degrassi as long as it's still in production. They're about to end three shows on Nickelodeon and they cannot show Sponge Bob all day.

• Members

Yeah, I haven't liked the long seasons, either. Honestly, they should have just expanded the show to 60-minute episodes instead of doing the telenovela thing in the summer. Switch hour-long episodes and do regular Sept-May seasons.

12 does look pretty interesting with Eli as an aspiring writer, Adam's romance with the Christian girl, and the new gay guy Tristan. Not crazy about Eli and Clare getting back together, as I hate Clare's granny guts and thought they were annoying together.