Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Members

"Granny guts", lol, that should be her nickname.

Are Spinner and Liberty still around? Have they dropped all of the college stuff with Emma and all them? I can't remember if that was two or three seasons ago.

How about the Indian brother and sister, he had like Ken doll molded plastic hair.

And most importantly, is Snake STILL on the show??

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Spinner married Emma and has been gone since Season 9 ended. Liberty left after Season 8.

Sav, graduated last season. Alli is currently a junior.

Snake is still there lol he is the principal of Degrassi. He also works behind the scenes and directs some episodes.

• Members

The college stuff was definitely dropped. Spinner & Liberty haven't been seen since Season 9.

Are you talking about Sav and Alli Bhandari? LOL! Sav graduated at the end of Season 11. Alli is still around, I think she's a Junior now.

Snake is still on the show!

Can't believe I'm still watching this show. I do like most of the new kids.

Well, snap. LOL!

• Members

marisol3512.jpg?w=540&h=302

Can I just say something. I can't stand this little girl. It irks me to no end that the show is still trying to make her happen after that story where she homewrecked KC & Jenna's relationship. Also the stories where she betrayed Katie and trifled against Imogen & Fiona. Now she seems to be a "good" girl and is dating that annoying Mo guy rolleyes.gif Whatev.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Has anyone been watching lately? I have to say the kid that plays Cam has been really good and I really HOPE that Degrassi goes there with the suicide plot. These bastards better not let me down and punk out again like they do with everything else.

And the show is doing a Season 13. Damn! Wondering if it will ever end :lol:

• Members

Damn, I haven't watched this show in ages, and the "problem" with so many seasons, let alone the novella season(s), is that I don't even know where to begin in terms of catching up. I'll say this though... I hope that PP's AMC/OLTL reboots will have some of the flavor of Degrassi. I can't speak on the more recents episodes and seasons as a whole, but historically, they have done thirty minute soap VERY well. To help me out, which season had Emma and them in college? I think I would have to start from there. I know there was a transgendered character, I think that was the start of the first novella season. This show has a very special place in my heart (my ex-girlfriend and I stumbled upon TNG one Sunday afternoon while eating brunch, and in a "silly" way, it became "our show"... next thing you know, we were obsessed and bought all of the '80s episodes on Roku) so I would love to get caught up sometime soon.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I think if you want to jump in you should start at the beginning of Season 10. They let go of all the old baggage and started fresh with a bunch of younger characters, the seasons with Emma in college (8 and 9) were not very good and too relationship focused. Season 10 they had a soap opera feel to them and began to go back to focusing on issues and also friendships. Season 12 has been very good and like I said I hope they follow through with this suicide plot, it has the potential to affect alot of people on canvas.

• Members

I haven't seen the season 12 (second half) premiere yet but I have been watching. I think Dylan Everett who plays Cam is one of the best actors the show has had in a while!

Can't seem to stop watching this show. It has a special place in my heart as well. I admire how they continue to explore different storylines and connect most of the new students to past DG characters.

• Members

So is a new season about to start, or has one already started? I'll just jump in like it's double dutch and work my way backwards if need be.

Have you watched the orginal series with Caitlin, Joey, Spike, Snake, and them? I swear, that show made me wish I grew up in Canada with him. It's hard to explain, but it was just so very endearing.

• Members

I know, right? We were so obsessed that we bought the episodes of The Kids of Degrassi Street when they were elementary schoolers and the actors who played Caitlin and Wheels were playing different characters by different names. It was totally an elementary school "learning" series.

I wonder what Lucy is up to these day...