Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Members

Wow, it's been a long time since Degrassi "went there," but they've still got it. I had tears in my eyes for the entire half hour -- not because Cam was my favorite character or anything, but because the whole thing was done so effectively. All of the characters' reactions were perfect -- Dallas feeling guilty, lashing out at Alli when he was really blaming himself; Zig blaming himself because he was the last one to cut Cam down; Conner naturally saying awkward things since he just doesn't get responses to typical things, let alone major things; and Maya refusing to cry and refusing to "honor" Cam at the vigil, insisting on pointing out that he was selfish. I'm glad that she did tear up at the end, and in Tori's arms. I'm glad it ended that way and not with Maya finding an alone moment and letting out the heart-wrenching sobs after she just. can't. take it anymore. It was much better with her just slowly letting herself give in to her sadness while still being angry. Well done, Degrassi. And glad they're not sweeping the story under the rug and will continue next week, with Eli trying to deal with being The Guy Who Found The Body and the memory of what he laid his eyes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oZ19OfIUPTs

Edited by Eric83

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sorry but I've sorta fallen off the Degrassi wagon. I think I was truly done when they killed off JT....like I still get chills just thinking about it. How they robbed me of JT and Liberty being happy together forever with their baby.....:(

Then Zane and Riley came along and got me hooked again with the new cast. But of course they're not on as much anymore so I stopped watching.

Who's this "Cam" kid and what happened to him if you don't mind posting it in spoiler tags?

Still can't beileve this show is going on strong. Still it will never match the glory days of Emma, Spin, Sean, Manny, and Ashley. Just pure perfection....

• Members

Zane and Riley graduated.

Cam was a new character, he played for this hockey team that was based in Toronto so he had to move away from his parents to live there and go to Degrassi and play for the team. He was a very unhappy guy, and was probably suffering through depression. He killed himself in tonight's episode, I guess the culmination of alot of things led to it but the most recent things was one of his teammates going off on him, getting suspended for hitting another student, and the said student saying that his girlfriend was going to realize that he (Cam) was a psycho.

• Members

I watched the first part of Bittersweet Sympathy this morning and got very invested in the stories, particularly with Cam/Maya/Zig, and it looks like it doesn't turn out so well for Cam! Jeez, Degrassi, I appreciate you going there, but damn. Can't wait to watch, though. I would try to watch some of the previous eps of this season, but that would take me forever.

Truly, though, I was able to watch the entire half-hour and enjoy it all the way through. Never thought I'd be so interested in Degrassi again. How long does it take for them to put the new episodes on their site?

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Thanks thats always been the hardest part for me. I get so attafched to certain characters and then poof they're grown up and gone away to wherever.

I forget what happened to that cute boy (and yeah I feel sleazy considering I'm 25 even saying this) who got Jenna preggars....? I think he went with his mom to protect her or something? Ali and Drew and Bianca had the makings of an epic love triangle. Degrassi should def have explored that more.

Zane and Riley were such a good storyline/couple. So much better than Marco (whom I grew to despise).

• Members

KC was the one that had a baby with Jenna, he moved with his mother. I think his dad had gotten out of prison and wanted to get back with her, and he didn't feel comfortable with her being alone with him,

Alli and Drew were a couple I liked. His relationship with boring ass Katie was unbearable.

I HATED Marco in Seasons 6 and 7, BTW lol

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Holy sh!t. They actually went through with it! That was a shocking moment when Eli saw the body ;'-( Fantastic episode all around - I agree Eric, everyones reactions were on point!

Thoughts on Demetrius Joyettes (Dallas) performance? I was pleasantly surprised by him, in the past I've found him to be nothing special/mediocre but I thought he did pretty good in this episode. Wow!

Words can't express how much I LOVED Alli & Drew's relationship. They were so interesting & the actors just looked gorgeous together. Again I have to say they were never given a real chance and I would love to see them explored again, though it might be too late.

And yes him & Katie were BORING AS HELL! I LOATHE/LOATHED KATIE!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Which one was which? Who was the Greek one with curly hair?

Not gonna lie. I loved Marco's final spot in the opening credits when he turned around and put on the hoodie. I wish that was me in some opening credits.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Lol Riley was so dramatic but thats how you knew he was authentic gay lmfao

That CPR teacher was so hot he just couldn't help himself! The family drama with his parents felt very real to me too. Thats why I loved and cared about the character. I'm so glad he found happiness in the end. Zane was so the one for him.

Marco was ruined by a combination of Ellie, Dillon, Paige, and his own stupidity. In the end I just wanted him to just fly off a building or something.

I always thought Craig would have been the better choice as to who was going to gay during that era of DTNG...I honestly never bought any of his relationships and I think it would have made so much more sense given his absuive dad and his tendanices towards erratic behavior.

Plus it didn't hurt that the guy was freaking hot as hell....