Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL, Yick apeared in a TNG episode. Oh man, Stephanie, ha. I had forgotten about her. She was off the show at this point, but remember when her mom won the lottery and suddenly her annoying little brother had all this new [!@#$%^&*] and Yick was wondering where the hell it came from?

• Members

OMG THANK YOU in regards to Alex Steele as Angie. That made NO SENSE to me. I believe Pat Mastroianni is done with Joey and the show, but still! That was the perfect opportunity to literally call this Degrassi: The Next Generation: The Next Generation. DTNG jumped off with Spike's daughter, and it should have continued with Joey's. Ugh.

Re: Paige. Nothing makes me happier or screams Degrassi TNG more than Paige Michalchuk and the Sexkittens.

Yick was one of my favorites on DJH!! He was the perfect combination of Joey's charm and Arthur's average Joe qualities. Stephanie Kaye can eat sh!t, though.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

I loved Yick Yu because he was Asian and that was representation for me. I liked his friendship with Arthur -- the original JT and Toby. I was sad when Yick became a pot smoker and wasn't friends with Arthur anymore though.

Siluck Saysanasy (the actor) was involved with the early years of Degrassi: TNG in some behind the scenes role working with the young cast. Yick also did make a brief appearance on screen on TNG as well. It's a pity Pat Mastroianni never wants to return as Joey anymore. Guess he is sick of being associated with the iconic role and typecast for all time? That's the rumor I read.

Glad there are no plans of ending the show! It's still as fresh and relevant as ever. It can run and run, just like Doctor Who and just like the soaps.

Edited by jfung79

• Members

I got caught up in DTNG nostlagia and was looking at the mini webisodes they used to do. Did anyone else watch them?

AMS, do you remember the Party Ettiquete Rules where they FINALLY addressed Sean and Ellie, but he is so determined to get Emma back from Damian (I forgot about his irrelevant ass), that he brushes her off? :rolleyes:

• Members

I never saw any of the webisodes, unfortunately. I'm not surprised at all that they brushed off Sean/Ellie in favor of Sean/Emma. I never outright hated Sean/Emma, but I feel that he had much more growth and maturation with Ellie. They were on the same level, whereas Sean always seemed to be forcing himself to be a part of Emma's world.

I'll always love the fact that they kept going back to this, though:

33xcup2.jpg

• Members

Degrassi last Friday was totally surreal at the end, but I loved the focus on Eli.

Didn't like Mo and Jake's misogyny -- Katie didn't deserve that no matter what she did -- although it is sadly realistic.

I bought Connor and Jenna. We finally saw Luke again but still have no idea how he has reacted to Adam and his sister dating.

Edited by jfung79

• Members

I can't believe Eli told Clare they needed time apart. After everything they've been through, I find it ungrateful and selfish. Nice use of history to have Mr. Simpson mention he was the student who found someone who committed suicide in the original Degrassi. The naked shower stuff was funny -- Degrassi knows how to mix light with dark well.

Glad the students got the garden back. I cared about Jake and Katie for once.

Funny how Luke conned his sister into thinking he had changed, and then right away he let Jenna know what his idea of a date was.

Still liking Connor and Jenna.

We *still* do not know what Becky's relationship is with her folks right now regarding Adam. When are they getting back to that story?