GH: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maya was a non-starter from the get go. She is black. GH doesn't do black, ask Billy Dee Williams. He was good enough to hang out with Harrison Ford and Ewan McGregor this week to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Empire, but his role on GH lasted about an episode and a half. Or ask the guy who played Stan, or the woman who plays Epiphany, or the girl who played Lainey. GH just doesn't do black. I guess it is the Rand Paul/Libertarian soap or something making a complex political statement somehow.

That being said, the girl who played Maya came off as somewhat annoying. She was nice today eagerly saying hello to Brook Lynn, but this may be the first time she wasn't aggressive and in your face.

Moving away from Maya, I enjoyed the prison story again today. Jason telling him "you're not a kid anymore" was something Michael has been screaming from the rooftops for a year, and now that he is being acknowledged he sort of wishes he could go back to being a kid. I am not sure what I want with this "was it or wasn't it?" thing they have hanging over Michael but I think I would side with the savagery of the scene from "American History X" to show prison life in all its horror, and the violation. I always thought TV and film showed these things to make sure the ugliness of the subject came shining through loud and clear (like Liz or Emily) and here GH has taken on some heavy and potentially fascinating material and they are just saying "shhh, we don't talk about such things in polite circles."

I get the feeling GH has wanted to tell this story for a while, attempted it with Jax and then aborted it for whatever reason. Now they just changed the names and settings and here it seems to be coming again.

Did I hear correctly Helena make a joke about her perfect bowel movements?

• Members

Jax was raped but the show didnt treat it as such. They had him come across as bad with Carly blaming him for having sex with the woman even though she had a gun pointed at his head, had just beaten him and told him, she'd have Carly and her kids killed if he didnt perform. What was he supposed to do?

• Members

Claire was showing a lot of leg yesterday. :lol: Work it, girl.

Adrianne Leon, singer or not, is a freakin breath of fresh diva air.

When is Carly not a ho? When she's a pimp. Discuss.

Watching JMB try so desperately to squeeze tears from her botoxed tear-ducts and frown her little Teflon forehead is just made of WIN.

• Members

CarlD2's right. Poor Adrianne Leon! :( Her face is frozen! OTOH, I agree with Cat. She's a breath of fresh air! :) Loving BrookLynn having her eye on John Zacchara and becoming a mob moll. Wouldn't it rock if she got pregnant after her one-night-stand with Dante and then she claimed the kid was Johnny's(who would be in on the secret and would revel in it because he'd be raising Sonny's grandchild as his own child)? That age bracket has needed a good bitch for awhile and I can't wait for her to deliver.

• Members

Well she is a pain in the ass to Jax and along comes the woman telling him "I will kill your wife for you!"....I think he made the wrong choice!!!

Anyway, I personally didn't see it as rape but I see why people say it was (same for Sami on DOOL with EJ), and I thought it was a complete evisceration of Jax as a character. Jax, the billionaire playboy who could have been Batman or James Bond, not only shculd have slept with this woman to get the job done, he was supposed to have rocked her world to the point she fell for him right as he gets the police to take her away.

• Members

I am LOVING BrookLynn...She is sassy. Loved her bringing up Georgie to Lulu!

Maya is really entertaining too, but I would rather see her with Johnny or someone else. I dont like her with Ethan.

Lulu drives me insane.

I think Lulu deserves all the revenge-anger she gets, and while I think Carly's plan is a little childish....But I am THRILLED it has brought Brook back.

I wish they would give us a break from busterbrown aka dante, im so sick of him....I really have a feeling MB or SB is going to announce they are leaving the show, and Dante will be the replacement in the holy trinity that is carly/sonny/jason.

Brook is a breath of fresh, bitchy, air for PC...We need someone new to stir up trouble for the residents.

Archived