GH: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But DG looked like he had a rod stuck up his ass regardless...

Maybe it's just me... and I might (if I dare think of myself so boldly) be the sole reason Michael was recast.... but I never found DG's Michael sympathetic. I viewed him as Ally Rescott, Jr.

• Members

Brook Lynn is looking so good.

I'm sorry, but i find it kind of ridiculous how it hasn't even been 24 hours since the Borg left for Pentonville, and Spinelli is already depressed, LOL barbecue chip bags everywhere, orange soda bottles at every corner :rolleyes: that is just a little much imo, lol.

I was LMBO at Michael when he was fighting Carter! he looked so stupid, lol after he punched him and ran, he looked soo awkward...he had nowhere to go and Carter was just standing their antagonizing him. I like the Actor playing Carter, even though the character is a total skeez creep, the actor is selling it really good...anyone know the actors name?

I hated the ending! And Monday's show is so predictable now, ugh !

• Members

I thought Drew's Michael was a tic-laden, smug sociopath -- true to Sonny. That's why I wasn't overly surprised if he was recast based on story. If they wanted to change Michael then they probably did need to recast. A lot of the characters are limited by what the actors can do. I'm never going to buy anything sexual with characters like Lucky, Maxie, or Lulu thanks to the asexual performances on those in the roles, for instance. I guess that's one of the reasons the show still hopes that long faded relationships like Jason/Sam will be enough. I'm too busy waiting for Steve Burton to blink, much less hope for anything sexual there.

• Members

Oh, I agree, he wasn't sympathetic. He was in fact a little bitch. That's why that line worked so well. Many of us were thinking it and then Jason just straight up yelled it at him. That may be the first time I've cheered Jason on in the last 5 years. Calling this version of Michael a little bitch is like kicking a puppy. I'm not even sure which version of Michael I like more. If they wanted to soften the character though, they definitely made the right choice, imo. I can't imagine this version of Michael in the mob and that suits me just fine.

• Members

I really am liking the whole prison thing. It's like Prisoner: Cell Block GH. This is such a different genre than what soaps usually partake in, I almost want to ask they cast Linda Blair in some role. Michael's new friend just isn't menacing enough. Michael is taller than him and looks like he can take him in a fight. He looks like a G rated Manny. I just wish they still had the electric chair in prisons just so Jason could be sentenced to death and have to walk the last mile while all his prison friends tell him to keep his chin up, but there is no recurring priest character to ask him to turn yellow so Michal and Morgan don't think he died a hero.

• Members

Geez Brook can't even pay for a pretzel and soda? Oh here comes propositioning Carzilla to the rescue. I hope her plan backfires cuz these TWO I want. And WTFever to Luza bringing in/back Q women, all of whom are cash strapped. Maya, Skye, and now Brook.

Ok he may be more sympathetic now with CD but I can't stand this poor puppy dog looking Micheal. He's now a noble hero, personality lacking bore just like his uncle Jason. And like SB, CD is limited in expressions & acting. Lame, no thank you. I'll just have to envision DG's mouthy Micheal trying to fend off booty taker, bitch maker Carter.

• Members

There really is no Quartermaine family these days, and if I had any doubts of that, the poor introductions of Skye/Maya/Brook Lyn would just confirm it for me. They have very little tie to the complicated relationships which once made up the Quartermaine family. They seem to have little personality at all, and are mostly just about the show's favorite studs. They are just a sop Guza or Frons or JFP use to try to pretend they are invested in the Qs. The only family on the show is the mob family.

• Members

I sadly kind of agree with this. Skye has no purpose on the show, and hasnt shared more than ONE scene with the Q family. And Maya is only ever seen chilling around the hospital or bickering with Ethan...I like both characters, but they are not serving much purpose. Brook's storyline is intriguing me though.

I would rather see Skye have a devious attempt to take over ELQ from Edward, which causes a bit of a family rivalry there. And then Tracy, who has always wanted ELQ, would step in and pretend to be helping Edward, but in the end double cross both of them and end up in a 50/50 ownership of ELQ with Skye, which would provide great conflict.

Edward decides to call in a familiar face from the past to help him get ELQ back, but eventually the plan backfires and the stress of it all causes Edward to have a major heart attack. Maya and Brook Lynn rush to his aid, feeling sorry for their dear grandfather, and butt heads immediately, causing great conflict.

Surgery is performed on Edward, but it is botched and he nearly dies. Edward tells the family he is okay, that's all that matters, and to let it go, but Skye hatches a plan to bring down the surgeon who performed the surgey. She immediately involves Brook Lynn in her plan to dig up dirt on the surgeon, and the two become extremely close. However, when Brook falls in love with the doctor, things get complicated.

Skye finds out she might have breast cancer. Her friendship with Maya grows stronger and stronger because Maya reveals that her mom had breast cancer, and she herself also had a scare when she was a teen. Eventually, Skye is diagnosed with breast cancer, and initially decides not to fight it, because she is scared. Monica steps in to comfort Skye, putting all differences aside, and really helps her through the cancer, and the two become extremely close.

At the hospital, Monica is extremely worried abtout Skye and her treatment, and also because Edward is in the hospital again for chest pains. Monica, while treating a patient, overhears two nurses talking about how the patient in room 1003 died. Monica panics, knowing SKye had been in this room, but is unaware that Skye had been moved. Monica, thinking Skye is dead, hurries through her patient visit, and accidentally prescribes a medication to the patient that she knows she is allergic to.

The patient loses her sight because of the drug, and sues the hospital. Monica's medical license is revoked for six months. Monica mopes around at home, lonely, with Edward having to stay at the hospital for monitoring, and Skye still very sick. Her and Tracy butt heads a lot. Monica, with endless time on hr hands, begins to think about how depressing her life has become, and she turns to the bottle again.

Eventually she is having a harder and harder time concealing her alcoholism, and more and more people begin to worry about her. Eventually, when Skye takes a turn for the better and is allowedd to come home, she helps Monica put away the booze, as a former alcoholic herself, and the two grow even closer.

That's the kind of storyline I want to see the Q's have on GH.

• Members

I think the Qs would benefit immensely from Ned. The ones on the show are either the young folk in their 20s or in the over 60 crowd. Um what happened the age group in between? Im not counting Skye bc she's barely a Q, seems pointless on the show and doesnt seem to have many strong ties. The family needs a leading man in his 30s/40s. Id be all for an AJ return but defiently not under Guza. Justus is dead. Ned seems like the best choice to help jumpstart this family again. Too bad Don Diamont is being wasted over at B&B, bc I wouldnt mind seeing him in the role. Maybe William DeVry could be the new Ned. With Wally Kurth no longer on the show, I wonder if Rena Sofer would considering returning as Lois.

Speaking of Skye, I really wish they had casted a kid to play her daughter, bc I dont beleive she'd leave her what 3 yr old child off in Europe for months to sit around PC doing nothing. I think she briefly mentioned her once (which I missed) and she hasnt acknowledged her since. She's coming across as a horrible mother bc her time in PC doesnt make sense considering she doesnt have her kid with her bc I see no reason why she wouldnt have her

• Members

I would be surprised if Guza even wanted Lois back. I used to hear people talk about how he ruined her character almost immediately after he took over in 1996 and that her last year on the show was awful. Sofer still does primetime stuff, she might as well stay there.

There is no real reason for Ned to return either. Since when does Luza write parent/child relationships, unless they involve the mob? We would just have a replay of Maxie/Felicia, the child screeching about their parent being a deadbeat.

Archived