The Nanny

CassieFan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know right, the drag queen vs. the effete. :lol: Not to tell tales out of school, and this is really no big secret anyway, but Danny Davis is known in the biz to be a real tyrant.

The episode with Lambchop was just camp to the nth degree. :P (R.I.P. Shari Lewis :blush: )

• Members

I would probably rate her above David. David was good at LOOK AT ME I'M ACTING!!! but the subtlety was never there. Nicholle wasn't very good, but she did improve in the last few years of the show, and she's had some work since.

Did anyone watch that short lived spinoff of The Nanny starring Debi Mazar?

I also remember a bad episode which was all about some guy and Tracy Nelson working at a hair salon, and it screamed backdoor pilot.

• Members

Fran: :o BAH-bra Streisand? BAH-bra JOAN Streisand?? :o

Meanwhile...

Yes, at her place in Malibu overlooking the ocean. Danny Davis couldn't make it (they probably didn't want him there) and Danny Bonaduce replaced him. ^_^ I was surprised that Bryton had already lost so much hair.

• Members

You know, I remember Debi Mazar having her own show that I think aired like once, but this may have been a couple of years before The Nanny. I just remember the first scene with her riding on the subway dealing with the locals.

• Members

Not really, no. As I sad, there were moments when this show rose above garbage and a plain pile of horrid clichés. It seemed as if it was made for some local TV, as in: Oh, let's bring together a bunch of clichés about nannies, Jews, Broadway producers and let's add a British butler!

No. He sucked as the producer, always seemed like a coward business-wise. He was a jerk to her, but she didn't complain as long as he allowed her to go on shopping splurges. Jerk + opportunistic bimbo without brain.

• Members

I loved the first few seasons, but when Fran and Maxwell got married I lost interest. Especially since Niles and C.C. got together in the end as well.

Sitcoms like this remind me of Disney movies in a way. The lead characters are often boring and bland, but the comic side characters are great.

• Members

I almost always enjoyed the episodes with Lainie Kazan as, was it a cousin? I remember the one where Niles quit in a huff and went to work for her. And then the one where Lainie and Sylvia made up after a huge falling out by speaking to each other in clothes (I saw an outfit you'd want, it would look good on you, etc.). That was when she was upset about not being invited to the wedding, so they redid the wedding video by having her film various scenes eating and singing. There was also a hilarious scene where she went around talking about "Lardo" porcelain.

• Members

I think Lainie was Sylvia's sister-in-law? This is super random, but what I remember about her character is that I'm almost positive wardrobe dug into the CBS vault and dressed her in the wrap Donna Mills wore in the Knots finale.

I didn't like how they cast Steve Lawrence as Morty, I imagined Morty much more in the vein of Fran's real father and Steve had already guested on the show as himself.

Archived