The Nanny

CassieFan

• Members

Casting him as Morty was a bit odd. I liked the episodes where they nearly broke up but I couldn't quite picture him in that role.

I remember that one in the last season about Yetta's letters, and the cute guy she hooked up with when she first sailed to America. The family was like, we know you didn't sleep with anyone before Grandpa, and she just said...yeah.

I can never hear "I'm Never Gonna Fall in Love Again" without thinking of CC and Fran in the elevator. The best part is when CC trails off.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was stunt casting that worked, it was a lot of fun. I think he sang "My Yiddish Mama" to her. I also remember that episode at the peak of "let's get any guest star we can to fill out this season" when Coolio played his nephew, very nerdy. They needed a RAPPER, but he was a prized GIFT WRAPPER. So they had to teach him how to rap. Complete with Daniel Davis doing hip-hop...

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Whoa, it's actually closer to 20 years, but whatevs. I hope this one works out for her. I didnt think Living with Fran was that bad, but FD deserved better!

Anyway, I love The Nanny! The first time I ever watched it was when the series finale originally aired...was sorta pissed that I only got into it once it was canceled! But I've caught reruns on and off over the years.

I came across this the other day and LMAO'd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XXPZY342K0

The over-the-top explosion at the end is just hilarious.

• Members

I *love* The Nanny! It runs a close second to Roseane as my all-time favorite sitcom. I never watched it when it originally aired (and would do the standard "her voice is annoying" complaint when her name was mentione, but I always thought she was funny in interviews) and then in the summer of 2004 I somehow for some reason started watching the reruns on Lifetime and fell in love with it!

I still LOL when Sylvia makes food jokes. Sylvia cracks me up! I think the transition from Nanny to love interest to wife was just right, especially considering the kids weren't getting any younger and a "nanny" was becoming unncessasary. I also think it made sense for the bickering Niles and CC to admit their attraction/love in the end. Especially Niles. You just knew he secretly had an affection for her.

Just like the critics said, Fran Drescher was definitely the Lucille Ball of the 90's with all her facial expressions and zany shenanegins. I can't wait for her new talk show next year!

• 1 year later...

Archived