Y&R Discussion for the week of April 12th

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nick/Phyllis/Sharon: If Morrow was a better actor it would be more believable that Sharon and Phyllis would commit obstruction of justice for Nick. Nick saying he wanted to be a role model for Noah was a laugh. Was he thinking of being a role model when he was waffling between Sharon and Phyllis. It's sad that Phyllis and Sharon don't think that they are capable of taking care of their own children without Nick. I'm hoping that they don't really believe that and are just giving him an excuse not to turn himself in.

J.T./Victoria: During the first part of their scenes Victoria came across as childish with her acting. I don't see how J.T. wanting to get Reed away from the Newmans is a bad thing. I guess he writers thought that they weren't making Victoria sympathetic so they had J.T. say the line "he was used to not having you around" to make us feel sorry for her. Now it looks like she's going to run to daddy to make her problem go away.

Victor/Nikki/Jack/Ashley/DA: It's nice to know that someone (unfortunately it's Victor) is acknowledging what Jack did to Adam and Victor's inability to get Ashley out of the house. If Ashely could have told both Jack and Victor off. Even though people are saying Ashley was Adam's victim it feels more about Victor than her. This was emphasized when Nikki said (paraphrasing) "What Adam did to Ashley and YOU". It was the way she said you that was

Billy/Mac: Billy must have been annoyed when Mac was playing 20 questions with him about his alibi; His response to her was a little chilling. It odd to think that this time last year they were the loves of each others lives. With the way people are being written I'm surprised that Mac was smart enough to figure out that Billy was with a married woman. I'm with Billy that Victoria's marriage was over before he got there.

Victor/Nikki: I find it funny that Victor said that Adam didn't deserve to be buried next to Hope, which is true, but didn't he criticize Hope's parenting skill at one point.

• Members

I liked her hair, too. But Jesus, the rest of those mugshots were piss-poor! Especially the ones taken from the side. I'm not even going to mention the fact that all the men (including the miniscule Billy Miller) were filmed looming above the 6 foot-mark. :lol:

I thought black-and-white was meant to be flattering, but Paul Rauch's jailhouse-fluorescent lighting made Billy, from the side, look like a baboon trying out for the stage production of Brokeback Mountain. While we're talking simians, Nick looks so much less Monkey in profile than he does staring the camera down, no? He and Stacy Haiduk were the only two side shots that looked good -- in fact, Haiduk has the jawline of a 12-year old girl. Money well spent, Stacy!

Unfortunately, Peter Bergman's Grampa jawline has not stood the test of time and, speaking of Father Time, Eric Braeden looked his usual 300-year-old-man-in-a-pleather-jacketed self.

Amelia Heinle's gorgeous blow-out managed to distract from the fact that her nose is slowly disappearing into oblivion from whatever recreational habits she allegedly engages in. MTS's hair was also looking spectacular but, once again, Paul's shiteous lighting managed to pick out the bags under her eyes and other signs of aging that Hollywood actresses fear more than death itself. Same with Eileen "She never ages" Davidson. Michelle Stafford and Sharon Case had so much hair in front of their faces, they looked like Cousin It.

• Members

When he wears his leather jacket that means he's going to kick some ass :lol:. I believe it was Carl that said if even Bo Brady retires the leather jacket it time Victor did the same. It didn't help Eric that we saw Thad in a leather jacket too.

Michelle and Sharon rather look like Cousin It than show that they have the signs of aging.

• Members

I really hate to think that way; It's like were letting them win. "They say they would rather have no black people than ruined so we don't have to write for them!" It's the same with gay storylines. They make them so bad we don't want to see them anymore.

Out of all the men they could have chosen to be shirtless they chose Victor :wacko:.

Archived