Y&R Discussion for the week of April 12th

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I immediately took Y&R off DVR after Friday's episode. I realized that there isn't a single S/L I care about at the moment. While the double is better than the rumors that they were going to kill Lauren off, I'll pass till this story is over and that a new group of stories begin -- maybe. I've been off and on since the Abbotts were brought on. Gave it up most of 90s, but came back about 10 years ago. Ditched it when I heard Colleen was dying, but tuned in during T-giving week and thought I'd give it another chance. So disappointed.

• Members

Exactly.

LOL!

Im sure TEB loves it. I have realized that a lot of actors love what we hate. I understand it too, because they are actors and getting play the evil twin/look a like/whatever or a suddent chnage in character gives them something new to play.

Im sooo over Shiela. if they wanted to use Lauren's past why not connect it to Scott? or even to Shawn? There is more to Lauren's past than shiela, but wait.. since there is nothing more to Lauren than being a fiasher/baldwin prop im not surprised.

LMAO! I loved when they would do this. I remember a scene with Becky dancing in the mirror and it was becky #1 with becky #2 dancing back in the reflection, and i think they jumped and traded placed.

• Members

Listen, I know we'd all rather forget the "masquerade" ball, aka Out of our Asses 2. However, I thought I would share a .gif of arguably the BEST moment of that whole fiasco. Hell, the best moment of the show in 5 years. Ladies and gentlemen: Phyllis busting ass to get out of that ball in her wheelchair -- and getting her gown caught in the spokes. And everybody ignoring her whines for help.

phyllis-masquerade-ball-o.gif

Followed by the second-best moment of this hilarious drivel: in a moment that made The Perils of Penelope Pitstop look as hard-hitting as The Shield, Adam makes a cartoon dive out of the window and Neanderthal trips in his haste to catch him. Sharon plays with her hair for a bit and basically stands there like a lemming.

adam-dives-out-of-window-o.gif

• Members

What I find more hilarious is this show's blatant attempt to portray Victoria as a the best mother ever and her husband takes away her son for no good reason all the while she has these tears in her eyes.

I'm expected to root for Victoria but I really haven't seen many scenes of Reed and Victoria bonding. The show spend more time with her love story with Billy instead of this custody storyline it makes all the scenes indicating that Reed loves Victoria more than JT eye roll inducing. I would believe that Reed would be more upset at never seeing JT again because we see them together.

Speculation:

• Members

This fits the Newman pattern. If a parent is cold or neglectful towards a child, then if they are a Newman, the child will just love the parent more. Nick, Abby, and Victoria always support and accept Victor's abusive and cold attitude, so Reed will have to be expected to do the same. If you don't accept it, then you will vanish, like Noah.

I hate "because I say so" writing. This story stinks of it. Billy and Victoria are hot, this story has to be brilliant because we need to see yet another pissing match between Billy and other cavemen, Victoria acting like a brain dead teenager is great times, Victoria is a great mother and only she should have her child? It's all because I say so.

Archived