Apple boycotting FOX News

Sylph

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, I don't own anything Apple... but I'll give serious consideration to buying Apple, now! WTG!

Has anyone seen this video, I can't embed it): http://beck.cnnbcvideo.com/?fb=1

I love the Beck "Conspiracy a Day" calendar, LOL! Fitting.

Casey, it's only been Democratic Presidents (Clinton/Obama), in my recent memory, who've IMPLEMENTED tax cuts for all. 95% of Americans have received a tax cut, thanks for Obama - even if they don't know they've received one. Reagan was the 'trickle down' guy and every Republican President/Presidential candidate since Reagan has been emulating him.

• Members

I get the Glenn Beck hate, but what does he do that people like Keith Olbermann, Nancy Grace, Rachel Maddow, and Larry King and the rest don't? Since when have THEY been news?

Glenn's rabid followers think of him as "the evening news," but he has never thought of himself that way. He's a man with opinions just like the rest of us. He happens to have loyal followers, many who cling to every word he says. That can be dangerous depending on who it is, but then again, the same can be said for rabid liberals who used to get angry after watching Rosie(on The View),Olbermann, and Chris Matthews bash the Repubs on a regular basis.

Glenn Beck has never claimed to be an expert on anything, nor does he sit on a throne and claim that he's perfect(i.e. O'Reilly/Hannity). He admits he has a past, he's very open about why he feels the way he does about certain things. I happen to think Glenn Beck is great at what he does: stirring the pot and making people react. I think those are some of the biggest reasons why people(both Democrats and Republicans) have latched onto him, because he(of all the other talking heads and political figures out there) best represents the everyday man.

Everything else on FOX News can die as far as I'm concerned. I do find it interesting that they consider non-news channels their competitors, as though that is a compliment or testament to what they're doing. But they can't command USA/TNT ad rates without big money advertisers. You can be the highest rated cable network ever and it still won't matter if the only advertisers you have are companies selling CDs for $9.99 and those stupid microwave smores makers.

There's no reason why FOX can't lean more right than it's cable competitors in their news coverage, but most of FOX News more often than not hits below the belt. Sean Hannity calling Obama a "Holocaust Denier" as though it were fact is completely and utterly ridiculous. Beck has eyerolling sound bytes too(Claiming Obama has a deep seeded hatred of white people), but Hannity and O'Reilly sell their bill of goods as gospel. Beck has never ever claimed to know everything.

This is exactly why I prefer network news. There's a certain level of restraint and control with the news reporting, even if there are biases, slants, or pieces edited to make the story more entertaining.

Archived