Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

YET AGAIN Tamra manages to evade getting called out on her pot-stirring and blame-passing. Kelly had an open goal, but she's too busy thinking up another swear word to babble some semblance of an argument. Contrast that with ATL when the ladies succinctly and perfectly deceminated Kim Zolciak. Instead, here, we got lots of "Wait, you told me... didn't you?" And Kelly decided to pick a fight with Shannon of all people -- the most coherent of the Tres Amigas. Shannon was not having it, and I don't blame her. Bravo may want to retool OC extensively, but if that means Kelly is at the top of that heap, how on earth will anybody call her out on her crap? The fear of being annihilated/sued will prevent anyone from really going there. 

With that being said, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone on this thread! I am thankful for the joy I get from reading your posts!

Edited by Cat

• Members

I'll take a hard pass at Gretchen... she's a grifter herself.  Alexis doesn't seem like she wants to go back to the show, and Lizzie's own life is a hot mess..... Tamra would make mince meat of all three.

I do miss season 9/10 Shannon that kept Tamra at arms length and even said that she was a drama stirrer. .

• Members

How much of Kelly's "forgiveness" is a result of Andy Cohen? He never asks the right questions or follows up on anything. Nothing ever gets sorted, and it's maddening. It was obvious that his sole goal at this reunion was to make Vicki suffer so he let so much else slide (not that I'm against making Vicki suffer). Sample follow-up questions:

"Gina, you started off with a drunk driving arrest. How do you think you have the right to judge Emily's reaction to you?"

"Gina, why are you allowed to be selfish and demand people cater to you? Did Shannon tell you this is how it works?"

"Tamra, why should viewers care about your racist and sexist son?"

"Tamra, why would you force your sons to film a reconciliation for the camera?"

"Shannon, how did Kelly's tweet cause you any financial hardship? You already had these legal bills. Why should viewers who might be struggling to pay rent care that you opened your mouth to a tune of $250,000 in legal bills?"

"Shannon, wouldn't 8 or 9 blackout events indicate you have a drinking problem?"

"Kelly, don't you think your sex talk will get back to your daughter and embarrass her?"

"Tamra, you own a gym. How would anyone feel comfortable going to your gym when you constantly make fun of Emily's appearance?"

"Gina, why did you laugh at Tamra's remarks if you're such a good friend to Emily?"

The OC housewives filmed their reunion when they had six/seven episodes left to watch so this might explain why certain housewives didn't bring up certain events because they went right past them, didn't watch the episodes, or only focused on the big events.

Edited by chrisml

• Members

We all could have come up with a hundred other questions that didn't get asked. I wish Bravo would fire him. These reunions are so unsatisfying. The last good one was the one where Phaedra was exposed. In the RHOC ones, someone would bring up something important and Cohen would change the subject--most likely because he wasn't paying attention. How do you not follow up Shannon's admission of 8 to 9 blackouts with a question asking her if that's not a sign of being an alcoholic? This is especially true because she's complained about the accusation in the past and uses Emily's "diagnosis" of a mental illness as a reason to hate Emily. Boggles my mind.

I listened to Tamra on Heather Dubrow's podcast. She admits to forcing her sons to film the reconciliation on camera. She was angry that Spencer did not stick to her plans. She also thought Shannon was the MVP of the reunion. I have no words for the last one.

• Members

I haven't always dislike Vicki - much as she was a total pain in the ass, I found her compelling to watch because she often let it all hang out. The scene where she found out her mother died is still one of the saddest moments I've ever seen on TV. 

However, this reunion reflected terribly on her and I can only imagine what the producers think/feel about her. Some might sympathize with her given that she's being sidelined for younger women and it's somewhat obvious that Vicki has aged out of the show, becoming quite the prude, but she seems like a terror behind the scenes. 

• Members

Her mother's death was heartbreaking and I wish that Vicki was the Vicki we got on the show (not to go through something like that, but to see authentic emotion of any kind). I think Vicki jumped the shark with the cancer storyline. I don't think she was ever able to come back from that. Her desperation this season still stems from not wanting to be seen as a con woman when she was clearly lying and conning everyone about Brooks' cancer. I know that Vicki saw Braunwyn as the reason for her demotion, but if Bravo really wanted her, they could have kept her on full time. Vicki was homophobic and a complete nightmare to Braunwyn who handled herself remarkably well which also made Vicki so much worse. I have never seen someone implode in this specific way. Vicki showed her true self at the reunion and it was frightening. If they invite her back, I'm done with RHOC. I can't watch this woman any longer. 

• Members

@DaytimeFan @chrisml I don't think Vicki is so much a prude as deeply jealous of Braunwyn for coming onto Tamra and making out with her! For so long, Vicki and Tamra had a deeply intense, deeply dysfunctional friendship which bordered on Vicki being a little bit in love with her. Or, at the very least, wanting to be Tamra's bestest and *only* friend. She has mellowed in recent times, but her reaction to Braunwyn seems like a throwback to those S5-10 years. She was protesting so loudly ("EW GROSS DISGUSTING" that methinks the lady doth protest too much. However, she also revealed herself to be a total homophobe, and best believe that both Andy and production took note of it. Vicki imploded and I don't think she even quite realises it. But anyway, I'd be surprised if she was back next season.

Edited by Cat