Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This in a nutshell. It is a little scary how empty and soulless Gizelle is. As you say, Karen is no saintly heroine but there is a certain crazy, OTT, emotional authenticity to her. When she confronts Gizelle, she asks the question any of us would: why on earth are you doing this? The fact is, Gizelle has no specific reason. She's doing this because she can. Because she's the kind of person who kicks a dog when it is down. Because she's a RH and that is what RHs do!

Because she is so focused on her outer appearance, she has no time to cultivate personality or warmth, and that's why she has to rehearse: to give an illusion of personality. It's weird because she doesn't seem like a bimbo. She's got a brain, she's got some cunning, but there is nothing else there. No emotion or kindness. In this season's preview, Bravo bookended the teaser with Gizelle in full Sunday church regalia, as she aped some kind of church sermon. "There is no loooooooove... in the journey." I didn't know what she was droning about then, and when the scene finally aired, I still don't know what she was talking about. She was basically saying a bunch of phrases in her best rolling, dramatic church voice, but they were meaningless. The scene summed up her rehearsed self to a tee.

Edited by Cat

• Members

RHOA news ladies and gents:

Filming is in full effect for season 11. Sheree is truly gone. 

Theyre on a cast trip to Miami featuring Nene, Porsha, Kandi, Cynthia, Eva and Marlo. 

No word on if Kenya is around but rumor has it both she and Sheree have been offered Friend Of spots. Personally I wouldn’t count Kenya out because every season they say she’s getting fired and it’s never happened. 

I’m hoping that this is the year my dreams come true and Marlo gets her peach. It bodes well she’s one of the main six on the first group trip. 

Eta:

Im still watching RHONY season 4 and I’m a few episodes after Moracco. This is crazy what they’re doing to Alex. I feel like this had to be planned on camera. Kelly and Luann keep talking about icing her out. Jill had agreed to meet with Simon to patch things up like she did with Alex and Luann and Kelly demanded she not go and it’s started this new story where everybody is suddenly mad at Alex and she’s “going through things” and is “fighting” with them as she literally just sits there lol. This season is W I L D! I did not remember it being this juicy. This makes me anticipate the anti-Luann seasons coming because she did that to herself. 

Edited by Chris B

• Members

Currently watching Season 6 of RHONY. I really miss the Heather and Carole dynamic. It was way less mean girlish than Bethenny/Carole. And I liked how much Luann and Carole got along. Honestly Bethenny kinda ruined Carole. I will say though I do remember thinking Heather and Carole sucked on the cast trip for season 7 where they got mad at Luann for Ramona’s man spending the night.

I think Kristin actually fit in better with the cast than Tinsley does but her husband was awful and I know she didn’t want to discuss the whole Ashley Madison situation.

I don’t miss Avivas crazy ass.

God Ramona has literally ALWAYS BEEN AWFUL. 

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Speaking of Luann, I was at SF Pride Parae this afternoon and she was there. There was a car featuring her and I thought it was a drag queen impersonating her lipsynching "Money Don't Buy You Class", but nope it was really her

• Members

Yeah, she just dropped a remix due by James of VANDERPUMP RULES fame just in time for Pride. Needless to say...LuAnn is having a comeback moment and I LOVE IT.

WHO...?

WELL ACTUALLY...FROM ONLINE...

Season 11 filming doesn't go full effect for another few weeks. Therefore Kenya can sit and rest up.

HOWEVER what they are doing is test shooting. For? Eva and Marlo...who has been teasing on Twitter that she might have FINALLY gotten that peach. The rest are there to support Nene through Greg's Cancer ordeal. 

It does seem that producers are still fighting with Kenya though, but she already gave a reply a few pages back on this thread. 

I hate to admit it myself...but I actually liked Porsha this season. Yes, I'm shocked. And that outfit at the reunion...and her humor was on point. And dare I say...it looked like by the end of this past season, her and Kenya were actually getting along and started a bit (a little bit) of a friendship.

• Members

Okay now I’m onto season five of RHONY and the opening episodes are just as awkward as I remembered. By the third episode it’s fine because you’re fully introduced to the new wives, but I wish that had happened the first week so you know what you’re dealing with. It felt very disjointed and this cast doesn’t have any chemistry thus far. In retrospect I do see why Jill had to go. She’s such a large personality and they wouldn’t have been able to move the stories forward with her because she would dominate the narrative. 

The one thing that doesn’t work AT ALL is Luann. She eventually gets it together, but it’s as if it’s season one Luann doing damage control and trying to create a picture that isn’t real. This is some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen. The feud with Ramona doesn’t work either because I remember how nasty she was last season so I feel no sympathy for her. You can definitely see she’s out of her element going from best friends with the HBIC to a lower tiered housewife that literally no one is close with. It makes me appreciate her come back in later seasons. 

Another big note: Heather was a godsend. Interesting family life, a business woman and she’s nice but scrappy. It’s a damn shame she isn’t there anymore. I’d love to see her join Jill next season and return. Tinsley can go to make room if they need it. 

• Members

I’m coming to appreciate Tinsley. Of course, she’s the newbie and the most disposable, but she’s fun, young, and up for anything, yet doesn’t throw off the chemistry as much as Kristen or Jules. She’s willing to take a back seat, and that’s fine. She’s not gunning for a perch next to Andy at reunion like many other first or second season HWs. At the same time, I think she contributes a sort of dippy, drunken lightness. I like her (and her mom).

These shows are like puzzles, and I feel like RHONYC has the right pieces at the moment. Perhaps that will change, but I’ve been loving the past season-and-a-half.

Heather was one of the only things that worked about Seasons 5-6, and I wouldn’t mind seeing her again down the line. It was nice seeing Jill too (even under tragic circumstances), but then I remember all the things that led to her still-unsurpassed implosion on the show (in terms of falling from fan favorite to demonized). Then, I think, “Yeah, I’m good.”

Edited by Faulkner