Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, there is! D'Andra and her momma Dee FOR SURE. Watching them develop a new cosmetics product last year was like watching a real-life Jabot back in the William J. Bell days. Dee looks like Tammy Faye Bakker and is a true-blue Texas matriarch. I loved D'Andra, voice of reason, last year (hoping she does not get hit by the second-season blues). Her silver foxy hubby was also easy on the eye.

While I'm at it.... Cary Deuber. Yes, I know everybody here hates her. Yes, she is snide. Yes, she is a gossip. Yes, she hates Leeanne (a cardinal sin on this show). And yet, I like her icy, snarky, kooky self. Underneath the better-than-you exterior, she is nerdy and slightly awkward. I can't help but like her even when she is being a hypocrite.

Thanks @Nothin'ButAttitude for the trailer. I did enjoy it but didn't connect to it the way I connected to Potomac or NY's pre-season trailers. I'm not sure why. I will be watching, though, and hope it is a good season.

@Taoboi Sorry for this oversight, darling! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat

• Members

BTW, we've been talking about rewatching NYC and enjoying past seasons that were initially disparaged. Well, I've been rewatching past seasons of ATL. Let me preface this by saying that S1-4 are PURE GOLD, especially S3 and 4 when everybody hit their stride. Not many of the other franchises can top what ATL was giving me those seasons.

However, I am having a tough time making it through S5. I don't remember having this hard a time when I first watched. This was Kenya's first season, and at the beginning, Lazy-Ass Cigs walked off the show. Anguilla was great. But after Anguilla... oy. They padded out that season like crazy. 

I feel like the slow decline of ATL began here. The quality of newbies thereafter went wayyyyy down. Kenya was way too extra with all her "I AM QUEEN" nonsense, though I appreciate her playing villain. Porsha was a dumb bore who later became a dumb hor. I never fully warmed to her. Today we are faced with the prospect of Eva and Marlo becoming season regulars and... ugh... I can't with either. Eva is giving me zero. Marlo has been thirsting for that peach since the iceberg sunk the Titanic. It's getting old. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

No worries. re: Dallas. I also hope that Ashley Abbott avoid the Season Two Curse. I liked the trailer though I hope that the rumors are true and this season is the downfall of Brandy.

• Members

Related image

If you'd asked me back when ATL went to South Africa, or watching Nene's wedding special, I would have screamed SIGN THAT TED TURNER-BLOWING HOOCHIE UP! However, the peach-baiting has now atrophied into sweaty, rancid desperation. Her comment last season about Kenya's mom? That's all I needed to know about Marlo. She is an amoral, soulless ghoul who would sell her unborn babies for Bravo. Non merci. We already have a surplus of those.

Are those the rumors re: Dallas?  I too hope to see that shark-eyed trashbox Brandy finally account for her sins! 

Edited by Cat

• Members

"I dnot know why Dorinda is always projecting her life story on me?" EXACTLY! This season has made me dislike Dorinda. Sonja associating with her daughter's family which she was a part of affects Dorinda in NO WAY. Bitch back up

• Members

I haven't seen NYC yet, but so far I'm okay with Dorinda. I could see both sides of the argument, re: Dorinda vs. Sonja and the family crest.  I also understood her being irked by Bethenny's lack of gratitude to the nutcracker (granted, the discussion of it afterwards could've wrapped up more quickly, but this is Housewives. You have to talk about it and talk about it, and then do a talking head or two about it, and then talk about it again on Bravo blogs and at the reunion, etc.). 

Maybe my opinion will start to change when I view this week's show.... and Lord knows I wanna see what sparks the division between her and LuAnn! 

• Members

For me, season 4 was the best season of RHOA and will never be topped. It was the perfect balance of comedy and drama and the cast trip was epic. I also find that the best reunion in Real Housewives history. The shade and the reads were epic! The best modern season IMO was the Kim Fields one. I know many disliked her but I loved the different vibe she brought. I need variety and she provided it. By the time the reunion came around she fit right in. 

With my season five RHONY rewatch I must say: Carole, Heather and Ramona deserve all the credit for carrying this season. Luann is useless until St. Barth’s, this is Sonja at her most pathetic and Aviva is the sleeper cell that surprisingly causing so much drama as time progresses. I remember when. I first saw the season trailer and I thought for sure she was an angel and Ramonja must’ve wronged her lol. 

On the subject of RHOD, I find that show so overrated lol. I’m sorry it just isn’t all that to me and this trailer doesn’t look much better. It’s watchable, but I even rank it below Melbourne. 

• Members

Oh I loooooove Melbourne! I just meant that Dallas gets all this attention when it isn’t even as good as one of the international offerings. 

For me in recent years the best have been:

1. RHONY

2. Melbourne (never had a bad season)

3. Potomac

Those three may not be perfect but you can always depend on them to deliver good seasons that aren’t too heavy and have a good variety. Beverly Hills and ATL are enjoyable but hit or miss and Dallas is simply okay for me. Cheshire I lost interest in ages ago. 

• Members

Whew. Agreed on your top three. Melbourne has never had a bad season. I think it's the Australian sense of humour that keeps it going (though the same can't be said for the toxic Sydney). I do enjoy Dallas more than Beverly Hills but probably on par with OC. ATL is too hit or miss, even within a single season, for me to really enjoy it anymore (a lot of the time the behind the scenes with ATL is the most interesting part since that's a very leaky boat gossip wise). NJ I enjoyed last season, but I hadn't watched it in years. 

Cheshire...sigh. I dropped it after the sixth season for a couple of reasons. One, streaming it proved harder (if anyone has a reliable streaming site, hook a brother up via PM!) and after Ampika left, it limped, and when Leanne left (after her final season where she finally flipped out at Dawn) I was done. 

• Members

Omg I forgot OC in my rankings lol. I feel like that is another consistent show. I don’t think they’ve had a bad season since Heather joined which is what I consider their modern era. Even last season I loved and I’m disappointed Lydia won’t be around now. ESPECIALLY after Tamra’s interview going on and on about how Doug is gay. It amazes me the hypocrisy of that woman. 

• Members

@Cat, did you see Ashley Abbott and Dina Mergeron fight in the Dallas trailer? I bet Dina refuses to give up the keys to Jabot despite saying so last season. 

@Chris B, you take that back! Dallas is fire! Last year's Dallas was right on the coattails with NYC as best Housewives show. If Dallas sticks to 10 episodes like last year, I think they'll have a strong season much like last year. Seeing as this show does has the least viewership, Bravo needs to keep them at 10 episodes a season (w/ 2 part reunions) until they build it up. Dallas has tons of potential. Hell, I was waiting for Dallas to come on over the OC last year. 

@Taoboi, sorry about that. I thought @Cat, @DaytimeFan, & myself were the only 3 that took to Dallas on here last season.