Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Luann is checking into rehab per her social media. 

Her statement is that she is totally embarrassed, has the utmost respect for police officers and is voluntarily seeking help at an alcohol treatment facility. 

Luann hit bottom and surveyed the damage and took action. Good for her. I hope it is a healing time. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We have not had a housewife with the guts to enter rehab mid-filming. I don't think it will be all that problematic for filming - this is likely a four week inpatient program with outpatient care afterward given that Luann has a court date on January 25, 2018. 

If Bravo is smart, they will applaud Luann's choice and edit accordingly.

If Carole and Bethenny snark one line, they'll be finished and I'm sure they know that. 

• Members

While her statement is partly for PR and for the court, I hope that the whole thing is a wakeup call for her. For a long time I was a supporter of Luann's lust for life and fun. I was definitely Team Luann when Heather, Carole and later Bethenny tried to slut-shame her. Even with the pirate, there was a certain hilarious veneer of elegance to Luann's game. She found him so gorgeous lol. But this latest incident has illustrated a darkness in Luann's life ever since the Count divorced her; she had something with Jacques but he could be quite mocking, Parisian, and cold. I'm not sure he gave her the validation or status she wanted. Since then, she's made terrible choices in men (never mind Tom -- who could forget that coked up psycho Rey?). Its been a a couple of steps downward for her, a bit like Lily Bart in Edith Wharton's novel The House of Mirth.  It reflects on her self esteem issues as she grasps helplessly at any guy who promises her good time. She can do better but I don't think she realises that -- yet.

Rehab might not be a bad thing either. There is enjoying your drink, and then there is locking the bathroom door as your drunk friend tries to distract the policeman while you flush the coke down the toilet. Just speculating, but I can't be the only one who thought that when I read that part of the report.

I admire her for doing this while RHONY is filming, and for apologizing to the police. You know that apart from Dorinda and possibly Tinsley, the others have a giant opportunity to dine out on this. I feel like Carole and Bethenny are so protected by their friendship with Andy Cohen that they are audience-hate-proof. And I can definitely imagine the bitchy talking heads from both of them. I hope they have empathy for Lu in a "where but for the grace of God go I" kind of way. 

Ramona tho... 

Edited by Cat

• Members

I kind of got a kick out of Kathryn.. though I think being shell shocked at the reunion and holding onto a pillow when the other women were arguing probably sealed her fate.  She and her husband were kind of cute together, and she seemed kind of quirky.

Hopefully, Luann is doing this because she truly has accepted she has hit rock bottom and not to generate more airtime and story.  I'm hoping she comes through this, but cynical me remembers her from seasons past.. and it will take action more then words.

• Members

Sounds like she already hates LVP and is projecting those feelings on her S1 viewing (which I don't believe she has never watched before). Apparently she hates Kyle too lol. Is it worth watching her IG would you say? I love S1 but I don't know if I want to see a constant barrage of LVP hate. Imo she was golden that season.

• Members

@DaytimeFan @Nothin'ButAttitude so I broke down and went over to Rinna's IG to check out her story about S1 BH...  Her latest story doesn't seem too hateful, she's talking about Kyle's 'famous' White Party and LVP barely gets mentioned. Maybe I missed the earlier ones where she spent more time hating on Vanderpump. Anyhoo, just wanted to say It looks relatively innocuous -- for now -- and LVP is still following Rinna on Instagram. I still dont believe this is the first time Rinna has watched these early seasons, though.

I trust she'll be graduating onto S2 and Russell's suicide shortly. Kind of hard to make jokes about that, though. I don't think she's talked about "YOU STOLE MY GODDAMN HOUSE!" "YOU'RE SICK AND AN ALCOHOLIC!" yet either. Lord help us when she does.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I recently researched season 1 of rhobh....it was like lightening in a bottle and set the bar so high...that the shoe had never been able to meet.  It was very natural, the women seemed to enjoy each other.....and kim vs Taylor wad natural because you sometimes don't click with people...even recall when Kim tried to hang out with taylor to make nice...and Taylor was like not getting Kim's quirky/loopy/drunk vibe.

In also forgot that LVP and adrienne were friendly and got along that season.  I think L VP becoming the unexpected MVP made the other women jealous hence why in season 2..the other women were trying to one up her.

However, Camille was the perfect villianess.....calm, calculating, and perfect balance of Cattiness and sweetness.  I do agree that she would constantly win against Kyle since Kyle couldn't keep a handle on her emotions.

Best moment of season 2 was Camille outing Taylor's abuse tales she was telling the other ladies behind the scenes.  To this day, I'm not sure if she was being truthful or not....at least about the physical abuse aspect.  The emotional abuse part...I could buy.

Rinna is rewatching to get pointers for season 9...imho

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Well, if she's friends with that professional hustler/blackmailer.... Rinna needs better chums lol.

The timing of this is most interesting. BH is done with principal filming but Reunion hasn't filmed yet. Erika, Dorit and Teddi won't care about this, but Kyle, LVP and possibly Camille will. Sounds like Rinna is trying to do some instigating herself.  Mostly to antagonize LVP who doesn't seem to be bothering much with Rinna this season. This makes me wish they'd bring back Taylor for s9 because it looks like Rinna is targeting her too. The sad thing is Rinna talking about the White Party, shrieking that she was there, however I doubt she would be an honoured guest this year, even if production does lean on Kyle to invite her.

Rinna annoys me so much when she does these things lmao. She's trying to stay relevant by doing this, almost like she wishes she was part of the early seasons of BH.

IA it really was lightening in a bottle and I loved all these women's relationships. You could tell most were pals before filming. In fact I think Kyle recommended Camille, LVP and possibly Taylor to join. My fave moment by far was the dinner party from hell. Truly unexpected, unscripted magic where production just filmed these women going off. And yes Camille was perfection. Smart and shady. Kyle was totally outmatched.

My feeling was that Camille blew the lid open.on the Taylor abuse secret in a way that no-one anticipated. Taylor spent the rest of the season trying to cover it. My feeling was that it was the truth, otherwise Russell wouldn't have threatened Camille with a lawsuit. He totally panicked, especially because he was doing dodgy things with other people's money. TayShanna and Russell were both grifters, not just trying to hide his abuse, but trying to avoid jail time for fraud. That was the real reason for his suicide, I believe.

Happy New Year, RH fans. Hope 2018 is better than 2017!