Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

On one hand, I agree with @DaytimeFan regarding the whole ick factor of it all. Particularly the cyber "bullying" through an Instagram account. On the other hand, her hustle (to the extremes, befriending/working for Jen Shah) to get on this show and be a *star* is nothing out of the ordinary. I found it ridiculous how Heather/Lisa/Angie were ridiculing her for trying to get on the show when they ALL did it and continue to go the extra mile to maintain their status as a reality TV figure. 

And I have to agree with you that the majority of all the other arguments and issues this season were the usual petty squabbles between the core four that's already been done for the last 3 years. Again, they came out strong their first season. There was a long break between filming the 1st season versus when it aired (presumably when Monica first met Jen but didn't know of her RHOSLC status...?), and they all got pumped up on their own hype and the social media petty stuff after Season 1 aired, and then come Season 2, all the ups and downs of people liking/hating/forgiving/hating again cycle began. When Bravo rolled that clip package last night of all the different fights amongst the women, it was pretty telling that they showed ALL the arguments in ONE clip package, versus dissecting each issue individually. None of them were really that deep. 

Meanwhile, I've never taken a liking to Angie, who does come off thirstier to be there, and she's lucky the talent pool in SLC is shallow, because she could easily be written out next season with no one batting an eye. 

BH: 

@Antoyne I'm in agreement with you. The microaggressions and tone deafness (i.e. the comments about her staff, etc.) have built up to this. 

• Members

Being labeled a Karen isn’t about race. It’s about their feelings of entitlement and privilege, and when their feelings of entitlement are challenged, they play victim. 

I’ve seen black women, Korean women, and Hispanic women labeled as a Karen on my own experience alone. 

• Members

THIS.

I went back and watched that scene where Monica talked about auditioning so apologies because I thought Monica had said it word for word, but I agree with you. I didn't factor in that it was a process (we all remember the OTHER women who almost joined this season?) so Monica might have done it in stages and MIGHT have said that and Production is trying to discredit her. So...

THIS, too. +1

Also THIS.

• Members

SLC:

I understand that Monica 'saved' the show.. but why enable a sociopath?  There needs to be a point where things have gone too far and that toxicity needs to be dealt with.

She actually turned me off the show because she gave off numerous red flags.  Thankfully, her red flags aren't in the same level as Jen Shah's red flags.. but she didn't authentic.

In fact, none of the women are authentic and it makes me miss the early days of the franchise when it wasn't so fake/produced.