AMC: MONDAY, MARCH 22, 2010

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, she was Degrassi... She went there.

I missed who wrote the script but whoever it was did an excellent job (now, watch it be Reyuccka Taylor), because their breakup scenes were believable. Ironically, it reminded me of Tad and Gloria's breakup scene in 1997. Anyway, Tad and Liza were both written very well in these scenes! And what I think made me Team Liza was the simple, simple question she asked: "What did you want from me?" I KNOW that feeling so well!

• Members

Ooo! I can't wait to watch! I really have been impressed with Luner as of late and by the sounds of it she takes it to a whole new level today! For the longest time I just couldn't connect with her Liza, but over the past few weeks I have slowly been enjoying her take on it... the writing for the character is finally somewhat true.... and she is running with it.

• Members

Talk about Deja vu. 6 years ago, Tad and Liza were fighting. About who? Krystal of course. History just repeated itself

Watching now and I cant say I support Liza. She knew damn well what she was walking into. Tad has only ever wanted sex fom her. Sucks but it is what it is. She is the one that keeps deluding herself thinking he's ever going to love her and be the man of her dreams. She's been opening up her legs for him for decads now and each time she expects things to be different and then spazzes out when it isnt. This jealousy over Krystal? They are raising children together and for what its worth, this time Tad actually was faithful to her and wasnt sleeping with Krystal on the side. Liza is the one with the issues and she should have never pursued a relationship with him, if she wasnt ready to accept all the baggage. She deserves better and I wish she had more self worth to realie that

• Members

Lunar is underrated. People won't give her a real chance because she is so different from the Marcy Walker. I like Jaime Lunar's Liza much more that the de-sexual one that Walker became to the end of her run. I like Tad and Liza, but she is too good for him. He deserves KWAK.

• Members

Today is the first day I really enjoyed Damon, his scenes with Liza were fun (though PLEASE no May/December). And Tad, the Alex Baldwin of daytime ;) was good today, he got a few good chuckles out of us.

MCE is a beautiful woman and a good actress, I am put off by the breathy staccato way she delivers all of Annie's lines though. Not NEARLY as bad, but remember how Jonathan (and to a lesser degree Kendall) would start every line with that stutter? It's one of those types of things for me.

• Members

There's a strong emotional attachment to the memory of Marcy's Liza, partially because I think the character was destroyed many years before Marcy left. The last time I enjoyed a Liza story was 1997. She lingered on and aside from some random moments like her hating Mia and shoving her out a window, the rest was not good. So when you have no character you focus more on the actress. It didn't help that Jamie's Liza had one of the worst debut scenes of all time, and a terrible debut story. She also had no real POV. Yes she was there to get Colby, but all that was so ridiculous and seemed more about tying in to the Jamanda baby nonsense.

At least now she has more of a point of view, and that allows Jamie to put her own stamp on the character.

Archived