Suggestions for DAYS' TPTB?

• Members

Yep, basically. I mean, we need to be strung along a bit in order to have a reason to tune in. People getting busted and all that jazz after a period of upheaval is good for my life. Right now, I don't think there is any story that is truly grabbing my attention.

Although I see potential for a long-term arc in the current pool of plots, it just doesn't seem to be progressing in a timely manner. Everyone is just standing around talking, day in day out, and it's just booorrrrring. I am literally bored out of my mind sometimes. I think the ratings could be a lot higher (I mean really, how hard is it to pass repetitive crap like B&B ), but I feel like they are "playing it too safe" creatively and this shows.

Also, I think the focus on new characters could be an issue, if not properly controlled. I find myself totally skipping an entire episode when its filled with newcomers like Ari, Gabby, Rafe, Carly etc. I realize Carly isn't necessarily a newcomer, but...she feels like it. Lindsay Hartley is a very good actress, but her character doesn't seem like its of any pertinence, at least to me (I am kindof in a Bricole camp right now). I also see no point in any of the teen crowd, other than Chad, and that's only for purely superficial reasons :wub:

I do like Mia, actually, because she reminds me of how Sami was when she was younger, albeit a bit more cold and mousy. Frankly, she just creeps me out...but in a good way. I also like Melanie, because in an otherwise uneventful scene, she manages to make me laugh and smile at some point. Her energy is simply infectious. I do realize there is room for improvement, as far as 'dramatic scenes' are concerned.

Renee Jones needs to be frontburner--STAT. I remember at one point when she turned evil tripping off of that baby, and homegirl just spit all types of fire. She has that DiMera in her, we have all seen it before (and she has strayed from her wedding vows more than once), so there is no reason she should be at the hospital, all *perfect*, as the resident advice-giver.

Lastly, background music. It could use some GREAT improvements. Man, if I hear that choir humming every time Anna pops onto the screen one more time, I'm gonna jump into Lake Michigan.

One thing I think is excellent though, and they should not tamper with, is having the characters interact with people outside of their immediate story. I noticed this awhile back that the characters all seem to interact with half the town, and not like they are in some bubble. I think I finally saw Carly and Kate in a scene which caught me off guard, but it was refreshing--because they needed a scene given their common enemy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldnt agree more.

Couldnt disagree more. First off, i dont see Carly as a newbie by any means. Secondly, Bo & Hope in supporting roles is a good role for them, IMHO. They drove the show for a long time but they became tired. I think breaking them up gave both characters a new life and would like to see them apart for some time to come in storyline that dont always involve the other.

I also dont think carly/Melanie have been on too much, its no more than sami/nicole/rafe/ej at the climax and fallout of their storyline.

The show really needs to keep up the balance it has had the past year or so and imrpove it by using people like Lexi more.

• Members

I wish they could bring Amelia Marshall in as a mysterious woman who works with Vivian, sort of replacing Gus, who is dead weight. She seems interested in Abe and Lexie becomes paranoid about her. Then she learns that this woman is Abe's daughter. She and Lexie have a lot of issues with each other over Abe, over how to take care of Theo, they could bring back Jonah and have Amelia get involved with him. She could be a doctor and clash with Lexie there too, or she could stir things up with the Dimeras. Lexie wants to be a perfect wife and mother and doctor, and someone dropping into her life, especially someone who won't go away easily, might push her to the brink.

• Members

More humor wouldn't hurt.

Humor has, for as long as I've known of DAYS' existence, always been a DAYS staple. And episodes I've seen in passing are so stilted and kind of remind me of one of those 70's soaps with a low-budget where everyone takes themselves too seriously. Again, shocking considering Tomlin and Whitesell's previous credits.

• Members

DAYS had a lot of staple "comedy" characters for a long time. Most of them are more serious now, or they're gone. A lot of the crazier or scheming characters tend to have some humor, but it can be obscured because they're generally not comic relief.

• Members

Make another 1 year Umbrella Storyline. DAYS succeeds at Umbrellas, keep them up! Absolutely necessary for the longterm success of DAYS. It is the #1 most important thing for DAYS to be entertaining!

Give Renee Jones a real front burner, she's the lead, storyline. And don't make it her exit storyline either. We all love Lexie when she's bad, so embrace it. She's a DiMera dammit. Would love a recurring return from Tanya Boyd's Celeste.

An increased, independent, presence from Suzanne Rogers would be a good move on the show's part. I really like the idea of Maggie founding a charity in Alice Horton's name and then having storylines blossom from that.

More Kate and Stefano, I absolutely love them as a couple. Lauren Koslow, Joe Mascolo, Louise Sorel and John Aniston should be in a business oriented quadrangle storyline. Maybe a fund raiser for Maggie's charity?!

Less Carly. I'm not saying put Crystal Chappell on the back burner, but I am saying that she is incapable of driving a storyline by herself. She works as an adversary to Vivian, but not in the 'I'll kill you bitch' kind of way, but as more lighthearted bitchy rivals. She does not pull off tormented heroine.

Melanie is a fabulous character and I would really enjoy seeing her in a storyline like Rachel on Another World, marrying into the richest family in town and the problems that are associated with that, getting cut down by bitch socialites, struggling, torn between Phillip and Nathan with Stephanie hurling social grenades whenever she can.

Bo and Hope work as exes. I'd keep them apart and have them operate in separate storylines, but keep them mixing into each others lives with the ultimate, series finale kind of goal that Bo and Hope reunite.

Nicole, Sami, EJ and Rafe are an island unto themselves, that needs to change by mixing them with Chloe, Daniel, Ari and Brady...time to play musical beds.

Finally, DO NOT BRING BACK: Marlena, John, Patch, Kayla, Jack, Jennifer, Carrie and/or Austin. NONE OF THEM ARE NEEDED! THEY ARE DEAD WEIGHT THAT NEARLY KILLED THE SHOW!

• Members

DAYS is doing so much right, but some changes need to be made obviously. Sami has got to get back to the crazy bitch she was, not this weepy victim. I would cast an actress to play Sara Horton, make her early 30s, and cross with Sami and Rafe. The teen scene needs to be overhauled, but I think the character of Mia is a good one. The girl has been through so much in such a short time; she should be a bitch. Would love her to be like Sami was, and end up treating Will, the same way Sami did Austin. I would give anything for Victoria Rowell to show up as someone from Lexie's past; I want VR and RJ to go at it!

• Members

(1) Quit having Bo be so stupid, or have Bo get fired from the Salem P.D. and just let him be the a-hole he's been for months now.

(2) A little less Carly and Melanie. Maybe re-cast Melanie. Molly Burnett has improved greatly and even made me like Melanie (which is incredible, since I did loathe Burnett previously), but I still wouldn't mind a better actress in the role.

(3) Give James Reynolds(Abe), Renee Jones(Lexie), Peggy McCay(Caroline), Bill Hayes(Doug) & Susan Seaforth Hayes(Julie) more to do and esp. in Abe and Lexie's case give them a storyline.

(4) Give Josh Taylor(Roman) more to do, give Roman more of a storyline, re-pair him with Anna perhahps. Even better, bring back the original Roman, Wayne Northrop.

(5) Bring more Hortons on full-time, on contract-----Sarah Horton would be a great one, Mickey & Maggie's daughter, Alice's funeral would be a great time to re-introduce this character, which could be an almost new character. Someone from 25 to 30 would be good in the role. Also DAYS needs to bring back Melissa(Lisa Trusel), Mike (prefer Michael T. Weiss, but maybe Roark Critchlow), maybe Jeremy, Jennifer(Melissa Reeves might be willing to come back now that hubby Scott Reeves is on contract on GH), Jack(Matt Ashford) and Abby(Ashley Benson or a good re-cast).

(6) Bring back Julie Pinson(Billie, when ATWT leaves the air) and Rachel Melvin(Chelsea), and Bryan Dattilo(Lucas), who should've never been axed,

(7) Kill off Dr. Richard Baker once and for ALL!

(8) Kill off EJ DiMera

(9) Quit having Sami cry all the time.

(10) Get rid of Nicole, her storyline should've ended when she went to jail. No matter how talented Ari Zucker is, Nicole should be out,

(11) Stop having Brady be so dumb.

(12) Bring back Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Martha Madison & Jason Cook as Marlena, John, Belle & Shawn.

(13) I agree on bringing back Tanya Boyd(Celeste) recurringly.

• Members

Less Melanie.

No more Carly/Bo/Hope...Bo go with Hope. Carly, go and cause trouble for Daniel and Chloe.

Recast will.

Have Maggie hit the bottle. Have her do something bad while drunk, and have that cause a widespread umbrella story involving lots of characters, bringing in more interactions.

Let Sami be a bitch again.

Give Nicole something devious to do. Team up with Vivian, something.

Luanch a long story that will keep viewers interested for long periods of time, that also allows for good side stories.

For christ's sake give Hope something to do.

• Members

What should TPTB at Days do?

Not listen to a damn thing the cynical online fans have to say. Just keep on keeping on because they are the only TPTB that I feel I don't have to refer to as TIIC. They know what they are doing and they are delivering quality soap. What more could you ask for? The business model isn't affecting their creativity. Props to Days.

• Members

This is a friend`s opinion on DAYS.I don`t watch the show but wanted people to hear her opinions on what should happen

As for Days, I think what's too bad is that they're doing that yearly renewal crap. The show is kicking butt these days. It should get til 2015 or something. Mind you, some storylines are pissing me off, but I am not bored in anyway. I just wish other shows could stop being so cheap and HIRE REAL SOAP ACTORS. Crystal Chapelle and Louise Sorel are examples of why DAYS is suddenly up in the ratings.

As for New Characters-A new guy for Hope. I hate seeing her running around Salem lonely. She's beautiful and she deserves someone cute. Justin belongs with Adrienne, though Wally Kurth is just as cute he can be. He's another example of bringing back good actors to tell a story.

Returning Characters-#1-Bring back Patch Johnson. Y&R has messed up Stephen Nichols character over there anyway. I would accept Hope with him. I like Kayla, but she didn't have the same magic with Steve that she had the first time around.

#2-I love what they're doing with Anna!

#3-Nicholas Alamain. Carly needs to face her son.

Character Development-I would say Mia, but honestly, I don't see why she's there. Get rid of Mia, her boyfriend and Adrianna and Rafe's little sister. The New Will is a definite improvement. I also love Nathan.

Year Long Story Arc-Days Those are usually thrown to Sami and I tire of them. Maybe something with Hope, independent of Bo and Carly.

Others_Keep Leanne Hunley on that show! I would love to see her with Victor! I would suggest firing Lauren Koslow. Kate is just tired. She's only good for interfering in her children's lives. And she has zero chemistry with Joe Mascalo. Oh and another thing--I don't appreciate the way EJ walks all over Stefano. It just isn't done and shouldn't be.

• Members

Less Melanie and Carly.

Put Bo and Hope back together or into a quad or something with Adrienne and Justin and have Carly go bother Daniel and Chloe.

Bring bak Lucas.

Cast someone as Sarah Horton and have Lisa Trusel come back as Melissa (hey she told SOD that'd she'd love to come back some)

More Maggie, Vivian, Victor, Kate, and Stefano.

Make Mia a full on bitch like Sami use to be.

KEEP ANNA.

and please keep John and Marlena, Steve and Kayla, and Carrie and Austin FAR AWAY from the show except for maybe an occasional visit i.e. Alice's farewell (those supercouples and their fans hijacked this show for far far far too long- the only one I would remotely like back full time is Jack and Jennifer)

Archived