DOOL renewed 2010-2011

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I often wish it was, to be honest. But its not.

As for the above, i just hate theme songs. i find long openings pointless. I wish all shows would use a title card. So i do love the short opening of days.

And i do agree too, sometimes. For example in this very thread i agreed that the show was very pink. lol. I just dont quote people to post ITA! often because, well, thats pointless.

• Members

That short theme is awful, IMO. I feel like if they want to shorten it, then at least come up with a different song instead of basically cropping the audio wave from the original. DAYS sort of made themselves stand out from the other soaps by staying true to their theme, I just don't want them to sacrifice all of that. No need to rush into the episode, its gonna move at a slow pace anyways.

• Members

To think, when Gary Tomlin was rumored to be on the short list for new EP's at GUIDING LIGHT, many of us took a look at what he'd done with SUNSET BEACH and OLTL and said, "No thanks!" Yet, with a crap budget, and a skeleton crew of a cast, he's managed to improve DAYS's ratings at a time when that is unheard of in this industry. I am so, so sorry, Mr. Tomlin. I will never doubt your abilities again.

• Members

It's amazing isn't it? Three years ago Zucker was touting that daytime was dead, a year ago it looked almost pointless that Days had gotten a renewal, and a few months ago we also had Moonves touting that daytime was dead. Yet here we are with Days showing yes, actual ratings growth and being financially stable and even viable. Not only that, but storyline wise the show's at the best its been in quite a few years. I don't think anyone would have seen this coming or predicted it.

• Members

I honestly, like many, had written off this show a couple of years ago. Its nice in this depressing climate that is daytime television to have a positive story. Yes, it only a pick up of an option that was already in the contract.... but its good news none the less. Never been a DAYS fan, but this is great news for its fans and the genre itself!

Archived