OLTL: Actor Interview on his departure

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Luke and Noah have had longevity. They have been on for nearly three years. It seems that ABC is willing to go further with physical affection and gay marriage than CBS/P&G yet at the same time they won't commit to gay stories in the longterm like CBS/P&G/ATWT have with Luke and Noah. Its amazing how quickly ABC backed away from this story.

• Members

Yes, hot, uncensored sex between "Gene" and "Andy". Which means they kiss in the first episode, then Andy disappears for most of the season while Ilene Kristen as a very conservative woman shares wacky comedy scenes with crazy revivalist played by Pat Elliott. Gene and his foster brother Marcus, played by Nicholas Rodriguez, clash with their alcoholic transgender aunt/uncle, played by Erika Slezak doing her Victor Lord voice. At the end of the season, Andy returns with his new boyfriend, played by Van Hansis.

• Members

Yeah, the fans and the actors deserve a proper send off. I did want them back full-time, at this point, just give me good ending. I'm done with this show.

I hate to think how this how if effects the chances of other soaps telling stories with gay characters. This got to set things back, which is one of the most upsetting things for me.

• Members

Oh I think that's it with gays on daytime soaps. Y&R punked out, ATWT was canceled and I'm sure some will blame gays, and ABC blamed gays for low ratings and proceeded to smear the actors. The other soaps won't go near this issue now, not that they were going to in the first place.

I guess there's primetime but then aside from Brothers & Sisters, most primetime also has no use for gay characters, unless they're the usual Harvey Fierstein in Mrs. Doubtfire types, like Modern Family.

• Members

I think I am too. I lost interest in this show during the whole Gigi/Rex/baby fiasco of a story. With Brett and Scott gone I dont see myself watching anymore. The other stories dont interest me at all. One use to but it seems they drop it too...oh well.

• Members

Yes, it seems like all of daytime chicken out of doing a long term gay storyline. Yet, we have murders...repetitive [!@#$%^&*] going on that has been told for years. Soaps are suppose to evolve.

I can hear it now....

OLTL exces: We did evolve. We had two gay guys sleep together.

ATWT exces: We were the first to have to gay characters kiss.

Y&R exces: Hehehe...we fooled you and we're still #1,,,,,,,,,

• Members

Brothers & Sisters have been amazing for the gay community..... DH on the other hand just continues to promote the sterotype... however I have heard they are planning an adoption storyline for them?

Archived